BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about upgrading to an S85 powered M for a while. After test driving a couple of cars, my local dealer offered me an '07 Silverstone over black M6 with 30k miles, CPO and full BMW maintenance to match the CPO. Picked it up yesterday, so far it is a great car. Very different than my E92 M3 and of course the my E39 M5. The sound puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Sure is thirsty though. Probably gonna keep the mods simple on this one. My E39 will be posted for sale shortly. Here are a few pics.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Welcome to the board. I have had my M6 for six weeks and I love it but your right
this car drives like there is a fuel leak. It loves oil an gas!!! I kept my
mods simple and nothing like my fully mod'd 335i. Btw I'm selling
my Meisterschaft exhaust if your looking for a great deep F1 sound
Mario

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks guys. Mario, why are you selling the exhaust, too loud?
I love the sound but my Parents and customers wonder why it doesn't sound like a Prius :). I visit lots of customers
each day and I need to keep a lower profile. I may keep the exhasut if I'm willing to start driving my
335i again.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Great looking ride! I love the way that color pops in the light.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats. Car looks really good. What interior combo do you have? Also, maybe nice to tint the front windows as well ...although that can sometimes draw unwanted attention.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. The rear windows are pretty dark, so i'm thinking about re-doing the whole car with 35% ceramic tint on all windows. Got my RPI scoops, block off plates and BMC filters. Macht Schnell spacers are on the way. Thinking about MB or CF grills and gills, Dinan springs, LCI tail and front signal upgrade, Tubi Rumore exhaust, and maybe an upgrade to the new iDrive/CIC. This forum is dangerous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you mind me asking how much paid for the m6 before taxes? I'm also in the L.A/O.C area and prices seem to be much higher at our dealers than internet.

Can you also tell me how much more it was for the extended maint?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sixfortyfive - send me an email at 749ara at gmail.com for more info on price.

Blacksport - I already knew what I was getting into with regards to MPG, so it's not a big deal. It's hard to care about it when the car is so rewarding to drive.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
very nice!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Enjoy!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Installed a few of my mods and took some pics. So far I have installed the matte black kidney and side grills, corner light decals from Phi Dinh, RPI Scoops, block offs, and BMCs. Waiting to install my H&R spacers and the Tubi when it gets here.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I usually don't like the black grills, but must admit they look perfect on your car color. Congrats!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts