BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Picked up a Dakar Yellow M5

3K views 24 replies 22 participants last post by  LEENA1 
#1 ·
Just picked up my first M5.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
That was a cheesy comment!:biggrinbounce: Sorry...just had to say it. I was considering buying a P car in that color. It's actually a very interesting color.
Yeah, I know, your comment was so corny it could feed chickens for a week.

The Dakar Yellow is a very interesting color although I think I like the Phoenix Yellow on the E46 M3s more.

A color similar to Dakar Yellow was available on the first WRXs (2002 - 2003) that showed up in the states. I thought about getting one in that color, but it had issues with color fade and no one wants a urine colored car.

#7 ·
I ended up buying a late 2002 WRX in Red (rusty red), but I was looking at the yellow as well. A friend bought a blue one and he had met a few guys with yellow in the local Subbie club. When he warned me about the poor qulity paint overall I started really looking at the yellows closer and then decided that I would go with more of an earth ton so the poor paint didn't show as bad. That was one fast rattle box!

#11 ·
I like the golf course.

#14 ·
looks great! Never knew thatthey did the e39 M5 in Dakar Yellow!

cheers and enjoy!

#18 ·
Where is "Burke"?

Neat color, congrats on your new purchase.

I had a "Millenium Yellow" Z06 which I noticed attracted flies and bugs. I'd be washing the car and the little suckers would just be all over it, a real PITA. I later read on a Corvette forum that they think the yellow is a flower. It was only a problem when I was washing it... I guess the combination of color and moisture is what caused it.:confused:

Just more useless trivia for you to brighten your day.:rolleyes: Yellow Corvettes are a dime a dozen; a Dakar M5 is truly a rare beast!

Michael

#19 ·
Very nice color,i really like that.

#21 ·
Real Nice!!

#25 ·
Hey man! We drove past each other on Waxpool a week ago! My car's clutch was wounded that day so you pulled out in front of me and took the 28 exit! That is a tight ride and unique color combo! Costa Rica buy, huh? Also, your BBS's are two piece - I think this set complements the car! I am thinking about either replacing mine with something like this or just refinishing mine!

There is a friend here that me and other guys went to his car meet! I am going to post a couple of pics - He goes on the forum by the name Mr Bock - anyways, next time we have one here in Great Falls, you're invited - this would definitely be a first with your color and spec combo!

Hopefully we'll run into each other again soon!

Tom Pacosian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.