1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I dub your car "Velveeta"

·
Registered
152 Posts
If the M5's wasnt rare enough already, yours is super rare. Congrats man :cheers:

Chris

·
Registered
377 Posts
That was a cheesy comment!:biggrinbounce: Sorry...just had to say it. I was considering buying a P car in that color. It's actually a very interesting color.
Yeah, I know, your comment was so corny it could feed chickens for a week.

The Dakar Yellow is a very interesting color although I think I like the Phoenix Yellow on the E46 M3s more.

A color similar to Dakar Yellow was available on the first WRXs (2002 - 2003) that showed up in the states. I thought about getting one in that color, but it had issues with color fade and no one wants a urine colored car.

Reactions: BuzzedHornet

·
Registered
597 Posts
I ended up buying a late 2002 WRX in Red (rusty red), but I was looking at the yellow as well. A friend bought a blue one and he had met a few guys with yellow in the local Subbie club. When he warned me about the poor qulity paint overall I started really looking at the yellows closer and then decided that I would go with more of an earth ton so the poor paint didn't show as bad. That was one fast rattle box!

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Nice individual. Do you know it's history? The color is so unusual that off the top of my head I can recall only two that were ever discussed... one local to me.

Enjoy-

A

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I like the golf course.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
looks great! Never knew thatthey did the e39 M5 in Dakar Yellow!

cheers and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I love it in Dakar Yellow!!!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Where is "Burke"?

Neat color, congrats on your new purchase.

I had a "Millenium Yellow" Z06 which I noticed attracted flies and bugs. I'd be washing the car and the little suckers would just be all over it, a real PITA. I later read on a Corvette forum that they think the yellow is a flower. It was only a problem when I was washing it... I guess the combination of color and moisture is what caused it.:confused:

Just more useless trivia for you to brighten your day.:rolleyes: Yellow Corvettes are a dime a dozen; a Dakar M5 is truly a rare beast!

Michael

·
Registered
162 Posts
Very nice color,i really like that.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Sharp looking car...I guess my only fear is that it would attract unwanted attention, you know, the guys with mirrored shades, pen in hand (not autograph seekers)...but the car looks great..Best Luck with it..

1 - 20 of 65 Posts