Discussion Starter #1
Congrats and good luck.

------------------
Jim
07/00 M5 Titanium over Red

·
Registered
385 Posts
Congrats, and good luck with your new car. Follow the break-in procedures carefully, and you'll be rewarded.

·
Registered
129 Posts
After seven months of waiting anxiously and reading this board every day my time finally came. I had to drive over 250 miles from dealer as I ordered out of town to cut down wait time.
Points noticed.
The aluminum sport interior does not look like plastic. I was really worried after hearing all the talk here. It looks great with my Imola Red interior. This car after all is not your old Lexus GS400.
The wheels are not shadow this year. All the spokes are polished the same. They look great but are a ***** to wash. Had to wash the car when I got home because of all the bugs here in Florida. The wheels were very dirty from the brake dust.
The cup holders in the back are gone and there seems to be nothing there. There is a storage area about the size of an ashtray.
They did include floor mats with the car which made me happy. I had to ask the dealer for a key chain as they thought that was a bit too much of a freebe for this car. Out the door price with PDC and Enhanced bass was $80,445.05.
The sound system with enhanced bass is excellent. I had the Nakamichi system in my GS400 and was worried that I would be disappointed with this system. Not so.
The clutch is very easy to use. Takes very little pressure. This was quite a relief to me as I had not driven an M5 before and have not driven a stick in 20 years.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings. It was a wonderful day. Can’t wait to go practice on my shifting from first to second. The rest of the gears are easy to hit smoothly. Long live the M cars.

Jon

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Welcome Jon

I'll be joining you in a few weeks as a fellow owner of the best sports sedan in the world.

M power to the people!

Enjoy!

'93 M5
'01 M5

[This message has been edited by blue max (edited 07 November 2000).]

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
ENJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts