BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.....if you look in my 'view my car' thingy........i've now got a got a couple of piccies loaded

what do you think?

I know some purists won't like the shaded rear lenses , but i kinda think they match the rear panel quite well?

:cool:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Scorchio said:
Hi all.....if you look in my 'view my car' thingy........i've now got a got a couple of piccies loaded

what do you think?

I know some purists won't like the shaded rear lenses , but i kinda think they match the rear panel quite well?

I like the E34 M5 in its original outfit, but the shaded taillights look good on your car and color!
My car had lowered front suspension also when I bought it, but I brought it back to its original springs and height. Having it that low is just not practical..

·
Registered
47 Posts
The car looks great, Scorchio!

Brings back fond memories of my first M5 which was also a J plate in Striling Silver. It looks a lot lot better than my current 6 speed Touring in the same colour which is dull, dented and scratched.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Scorchio said:

what do you think?

-----------------

Nice car Scorchio, lovely color, and in good nick.

oh....and nice fluffy dice!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yep It's looking good.
On the subject of changing lenses IMHO the clear lens kits for the front and side indicators are a worthwhile improvement - although a bit fiddly to change out. I've changed mine over but my pics have not been updated.
cherrsagai

·
Registered
868 Posts
Looking good. I quite like your blacked out look so we will let you off.

Nice picture of Cov airport too if I'm not mistaken!!!

Best

Jonathan (M5 Powered)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nice pics, our cars look very similar with a few differences. Check out the "view my car" link for my profile to see my silver E34 M5. I have the shadowline trim on mine so the kidney grilles are blacked out and so are the side mirrors.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why do everyone's cars look so good for their age and my 10 year old looks like a pig!!!

I'd be embarrassed to post pictures of it!! LOL!!

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Smokestack said:
Why do everyone's cars look so good for their age and my 10 year old looks like a pig!!!

I'd be embarrassed to post pictures of it!! LOL!!
Don't worry, mine looks like a 262tkm pig too.....

That's because that's what it is!!!!!! The only thing that looks new is the engine bay.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
M5 powered said:
Looking good. I quite like your blacked out look so we will let you off.

Nice picture of Cov airport too if I'm not mistaken!!!

Best

Jonathan (M5 Powered)
Hi Jonathan.......close ,but no cigar mate.......it's at Cosford!
all the best

Paul
Scorchio :cool:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
p.s. thanks for the kind comments about the beast.........she's not perfect by any means.....there's a couple of rust bubbles near the petrol flap and o/s front wing and a few scratches on the driver's side where some low life scumbag has had a go at 'keying' the doors........but i do think the diamond black skirts and lower spoilers complement the shadowline look.....and as the car is lowered anyway i think it makes the car look even more 'purposeful' than it already is.

The wheel refurb was well worth doing considering how bad the rims were when i bought it.......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
flipwils11 said:
Nice pics, our cars look very similar with a few differences. Check out the "view my car" link for my profile to see my silver E34 M5. I have the shadowline trim on mine so the kidney grilles are blacked out and so are the side mirrors.
------

nice "525i" badge, does it ever come in useful?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Jahangeer said:
------
nice "525i" badge, does it ever come in useful?
It's fun to watch drivers in other worthy opponent cars look at me questioningly. Also when I park it at the train station in my town, I like to think that the 525i badge acts as good camouflage for teenagers who definitely would know what "//M5" is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts