BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered 10mm spacers front and rear... since I have H&Rs I dont want to take a chance at 12mm in the rears as advised by member LI-M5. Does anyone have a pic of an M5 with H&R springs and 10mm spacers ALL AROUND.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Did people suggest for you to put 10mm spacers all around? I am looking at getting the H&R's and want to put spacers on as well. I am just trying to figure out exactly what spacers I need. What were the negatives about 12mm in the rear? Also, who did you buy yours from (both springs and spacers?) Thanks.

·
Registered
556 Posts
BD 997 put 10mm all around. A lot of people have put 12mm on the front and 10mm on the rears. I think 12mm would work all around as well. But again, generally everyone puts the 12mm on the FRONT.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
we should setup a group buy for spacers since everyone wants them :thumbsup:

12mm fronts and 10mm rears with the longer bolts.

know any sponsor that might want to arrange this? :blink:

·
Registered
54 Posts
From everything I've read, most recommend 10mm in the rear just to be safe. But 12mm definitely works in the front.

Active Autowerke just did the setup on my car 2 weeks ago (12mm front, 10mm rear, H&R Springs). No rubbing at all with 4 people loaded in the car.

Good luck...

·
Registered
556 Posts
we should setup a group buy for spacers since everyone wants them :thumbsup:

12mm fronts and 10mm rears with the longer bolts.

know any sponsor that might want to arrange this? :blink:
I have a one "SET" of used H&R 10mm spacers for sale right now. I do not have the extended bolts but you can order them online from Turner Motor Sports. I am selling them for $60 Dollars and $5 bucks shipping. They retail for $95 + tax and shipping. You save over $40 bucks. Local pick up preferred!

H&R 10mm DR Wheel Spacers (pair)
Part #: 2075725
Applications: 1982 - 2007 (E24 E28 E30 E31 E32 E34 E36 E46 E60 E63) """WILL NOT FIT AN E39"""
10mm = .39 inch. Recommended for E60 M5 rear. 40mm wheel bolts required! 5 x 120 bolt pattern.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
too late Bruno...wish I knew 2 weeks ago :(

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I have an M6, but I haven't had any issues with running 12mm all around. No rubbing at all. My spacers are hub-centric and made by Eibach.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hyboost how much did AA charge you for the install of the springs and spacers?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats why I went with 10mm all around and not 12mm in the front....

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do I need the longer bolts with 10mm spacers all around and the M6 wheels from bmwwheels.com without rubbing?

Or it might be flush enough... :-/
40mm bolts are needed....

Reactions: Procure

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know this thread is old as dirt but instead of making a new thread, I am posting my question here. Does anyone else have rubbing issues in the rear with 10mm spacers? I am running 12.5mm front and 10mm rear with H&R springs and under load or with someone in the back seat, I am getting some rubbing in the rear.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I know this thread is old as dirt but instead of making a new thread, I am posting my question here. Does anyone else have rubbing issues in the rear with 10mm spacers? I am running 12.5mm front and 10mm rear with H&R springs and under load or with someone in the back seat, I am getting some rubbing in the rear.

I’m running 20mm in back with stock rims. Only rubs with 4 in car. Need to cut the metal lip where bumper meets body. There’s about 1/2 in. that can safely be removed. Maybe more.

·
Registered
435 Posts
is it risky or dangerous to put spacer?? coz i want one but heard those rumors...
Just make sure they're hub-centric and that your lugs are long enough to go through the spacer and still get enough threads in the hub. You can purchase varying length lug nuts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts