BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great time at Laguna on Thursday!
There were pace cars leading us around only allowing 85mph top speed, but most of these corners were at my limit, this was done on Pilot S's, showing the wear bars, tires screeching. Traction control off, sport on!
My only serious complaint about these beasts is that they lean too much on the factory shox.
http://gotbluemilk.com/web050428/13/index.html

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
real nice looking pix.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I wish I had time to watch you guys more this morning, what I did see looked fun.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I wish I had time to watch you guys more this morning, what I did see looked fun.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Great stuff! You're right about the shock absorbers. I'd upgrade the brakes to decent AP's, Stoptechs or Brembos as well. Do a search - there's plenty of stuff written about track modifications.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
What a race, Lexus wins again in the DP class and BMW sweeps the GT podium making it a PTG group picture. To bad about the primary car getting taken out by a rolling speedbump(911).

PilotMike, I looked around this morning for you but had to get ready for the show. I should be back for the Historic races later this year.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I just stopped on the way home only to find someone near here has a wireless transmitter I can bounce off of.

Here is the GT podium, all BMW. I wonder why Bill Auberlan is looking so down ?:( (Joey wrecked my car)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Just think if they has to do a short fill and the driver took off to quick.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Went down Saturday for the Grand Am Cup race (a friend of mine is crew chief for one of the Mustang teams), parked up in the Wolf Hill parking, when I headed back up the hill to leave there were two TiAg E39 M5s up there. Anyone?

·
Registered
487 Posts
PilotMike said:
Had a great time at Laguna on Thursday!
There were pace cars leading us around only allowing 85mph top speed, but most of these corners were at my limit, this was done on Pilot S's, showing the wear bars, tires screeching. Traction control off, sport on!
My only serious complaint about these beasts is that they lean too much on the factory shox.
http://gotbluemilk.com/web050428/13/index.html

PilotMike nice meeting you at the track. Nice pics...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was nice meeting you too! Nice car!

·
Registered
487 Posts
PilotMike said:
It was nice meeting you too! Nice car!

I have some pics and video if you know of a place to host...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts