BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im torn. Here is a pic with both scoops. What should I keep? Seems like the RPI scoop would send a lot more air in and looks more aggressive but if I wont get the full benefit out of the Evolve intake without evolves scoops then i'd rather use the evolve scoops. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'm still using my RPi, but mainly since Black was shipped to me vs requested Red...Evolve is shipping me in red.

·
Registered
729 Posts
The scoop on the left is definitely not the correct RPI scoop for the M5. Not sure what that is

Reactions: Blendercloud

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Reactions: Blendercloud

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
The solution is simple. Try both options and see which you like more and report back to us any noticeable differences :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Oops, sorry about that. I assumed M5 since we're on the M5 side of the board :)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Make sure you put the lower scoops in as well.
I do think if Evolve had thought the RPI's would work better up top, they'd have designed 'em that way. Seems logical?
Bill

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Where's Mike (Revo) at? He's the mechanical engineer. He took fluid dynamics and what not so he should be able to chime in here on his thoughts between the two different designs :p

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Now that's a scoop, that's the biggest I have ever seen LOL!!

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,269 Posts
Where's Mike (Revo) at? He's the mechanical engineer. He took fluid dynamics and what not so he should be able to chime in here on his thoughts between the two different designs :p
He's in Disney World!!!! Really...he's txting us pics!

Reactions: Edenhurst

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Reactions: Edenhurst

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just went with Evolve's b/c i'll sell my RPI kit when I get the car back.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Good move-i gave mine away to Jcolley along with some laser blinders for his invaluable help on the install, plus we got a some priceless camaraderie out of the whole deal. I hope you like the intakes!!!
Bill

·
Registered
497 Posts
Personally, I would install the Evolve scoops. From reading all the information regarding the Evolve intakes the scoops they designed are a supporting component of acheiving the power the intakes produce.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I stayed with my RPi scoops, simply because I'm sure they will do, saves some installation time. Plus they're red. Looks great.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Both "scoops" look stupid IMHO and do absolutely nothing for performance. But if you must waste your hard earned cash and choose between the 2, go with the RPI. The Evolves appear to block a lot of radiator space.

Flame suit on and zipped to the top. :1:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts