BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple of pics from my last visit at RUF.

Two other interesting cars showed up as well and I took the M6 for a spin.
M6 is my personal choice over the M5. And the RT12 is the choice over both the M5 and M6 just in case you had any doubts. :biggrin:

BMW M5 and M6 in front of the RUF show room in Pfaffenhausen, Germany.

RT12 and an Audi TT, sorry BMW M5. :1:

Filling up

Inside the M6

The RUF RT12 accelerating. 0-60 mph in 3.15... 0-124 mph in... :D FAST!!!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Wow that Ruf is sure sweeeeeet.:cheers:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great Pics.RUF is gorgeous.Thats why RUF to me means Races Up Front,never in the back:wroom: .Hopefully my next car will be a RUF

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hmmm I see the RUF is 0-100kmh in 3.7 and 219mph top speed...very nice

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi Guys

I was lucky enough to own a RUF CTR back in 1995 when I lived in Scotland. I tell you that car was **** quick.
It was very light and very very fast, infact it was too fast.... It used to hit 100mph in just under 8's!!!!!
I have been involved in the car business for the last three years,and luckily I have driven practically everything. The only car that I have driven in the last 10 years that has felt that quick was a few weeks ago and that was the McLaren SLR, and the Carrera GT that I drove back in March.

The best thing about the car was, that it was easy to drive slowly, it was very usable as it was small on the road and something else was you could get into it every day start it and just drive, it was so usable.

When you go on the Porsche boards people there all bang on about the other Porsche Tuners, but I think RUF are head & shoulders above them.

They are the Alpina of the Porsche world....

Nice Pics

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If 0-60 mph (96 km/h) is in 3.15 secs then 0-100 km/h must be faster than 3.7 secs.

0 - 200 km/h in 9.7 seconds! I'm not kidding! We hit 350 km/h, but the car was till pulling. Even Autobahn becomes twist at that speed.

These times are measured with P Zero Rosso + 15C

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Amjad Ali said:
The only car that I have driven in the last 10 years that has felt that quick was a few weeks ago and that was the McLaren SLR, and the Carrera GT that I drove back in March.

When you go on the Porsche boards people there all bang on about the other Porsche Tuners, but I think RUF are head & shoulders above them.
As you can see, 0-200 km/h in 9.7 secs is faster than the Carrera GT.
And I imagine that the higher the speed, the faster the RT12 vs. CGT since the torque is ~900 Nm.

RUF consider themselves to be a car manufacturer, and they are not member of the German tuning association.

The RUF RT12 is very easy to drive. You can give it to anybody (you trust) to shop for milk.

The engine feels like it's normal aspirated, not turbo charged. :noSMG:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Here's a question from the uneducated...how do you find out more and do they just alter existing cars or produce complete cars. I have tried to access the website but can only get the German version to work (English keeps falling over)...unfortunately my schoolboy German is not quite up to understanding car details!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts