BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is their newer and much brighter updated angel eye replacement.
:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Any idea if it's available for the '08's?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
This is their newer and much brighter updated angel eye replacement.
You have a link where these can be purchased? How does the
brightness compare to AngelIBrights v3?

I had AIB v3 but apparently I'm the only person who's had problems
with them. They couldn't keep water out and burnt out on the first
wash after install. How is the install with the PIAAs?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: G ///McGregor K

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have a link where these can be purchased? How does the
brightness compare to AngelIBrights v3?

I had AIB v3 but apparently I'm the only person who's had problems
with them. They couldn't keep water out and burnt out on the first
wash after install. How is the install with the PIAAs?

i can get them for you guys if you are local in socal. i got them through a shop that i goto... let me know if seriously interested, PM me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Some daytime pics would be greatly appreciated. I also have the Angel iBrights and would like to see if these are brigther in the daylight. Also, how was the install? thanks,

Gordon

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some daytime pics would be greatly appreciated. I also have the Angel iBrights and would like to see if these are brigther in the daylight. Also, how was the install? thanks,

Gordon

the pic was taken actually in middle of the day inside a garage. if you want i will repost some pics that are taken with sunlight exposure. i don't know how they compare to angel i bright, but all i gotta say is, i feel more comfortable purchasing piaa product than aib setup. as far as my experience goes, piaa has always been there for me when i needed a swap or something.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
they have something available in h8 size... i've seen it float around somewhere.

So your model year is 2008 which means you can use the H8 lightbulbs.

Please confirm you have a 2008 car

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
headlights are from 07. however, if any of you guys are interested upon swapping the headlights, and couldn't fig out how to... there is another way that you can go about. use your existing headlights, heat the butylrubber sealent with a heat gun and take them apart. as for the new facelift headlights, cut them apart (sounds scary, but it is required since the sealant on the new headlights are not the butyl rubber kind) open with a dremel and you can actually remove all the individual plastic pieces out and transfer them on to the new headlight. seal them back on, and as far as appearences goes, no one will notice the difference between the two if you've done them correctly. of course remove the projectors as well, as they can be removed and transfered as well. will post pics and stuff later when completed. for now trying to fix that stupid strobe light affect on taillight blinkers (o8 led taillights).

·
Registered
104 Posts
dtm996c5,

how did you get the turn signals to work? I cant even get them to light up and tried every wiring combination

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dtm996c5,

how did you get the turn signals to work? I cant even get them to light up and tried every wiring combination
i'll ask my buddy from the stealership how he did it. surprisingly, knowing myself, i forgot to ask that question! try talking to hs_01 see if he knew how it worked out for him. until then, i will ask him how he did it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts