BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are threads with photos of JetBlack on black OEM rims but I wanted to get a better idea with some shots of my own car.

My skills are lacking in the photo shop department....if anyone would be so kind, I'd love to see the below photos with my rims in black. Preferably some samples in gloss and some in flat black. Thanks! :grinyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hopefully somebody with more time or skill can actually help, but here is my (pretty bad) 5-minute attempt:

Attachments

Reactions: JCM55555

·
Registered
252 Posts
Can't say the all black does it for me. Maybe black centers with chrome lip?

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol....that's sorta what my renditions looked like. I'm hoping someone can do a more accurate depiction, thanks though :tonquesmilie:

Hopefully somebody with more time or skill can actually help, but here is my (pretty bad) 5-minute attempt:

I'm still on the fence as well...just trying to get a better idea. I don't really like black centers with chrome lips...I prefer a solid color whatever it may be.

Can't say the all black does it for me. Maybe black centers with chrome lip?

·
Registered
223 Posts
lol....that's sorta what my renditions looked like. I'm hoping someone can do a more accurate depiction, thanks though :tonquesmilie:
I did it as much for the practice as for actually helping you out :D

I'll have to give myself a pretty low grade on this one - I didn't even match the reflection in the water!

·
Registered
2002 M5, Imola / Imola
1,703 Posts
You can always mask off the tires and do 2-3 coats of black plasti-dip. It is a rubbereized coating, but looks just like paint. You can literally peel it off and be back at square one. I did it to my winter wheels, I'm pretty impressed by it. It finishes in a satin black, but I suppose you could use a clear-coat spray on top of it to make it glossy.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
You can always mask off the tires and do 2-3 coats of black plasti-dip. It is a rubbereized coating, but looks just like paint. You can literally peel it off and be back at square one. I did it to my winter wheels, I'm pretty impressed by it. It finishes in a satin black, but I suppose you could use a clear-coat spray on top of it to make it glossy.
That is a great idea! I might just do that... when it warms up. How many cans did it take to do the wheels?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hey J -

Here's my contributions. Hope it helps.

Attachments

Reactions: JCM55555

·
Registered
68 Posts

Winna' winna' chicken dinna'!!!!!

i bet a glossy steel grey would look great!

·
Registered
647 Posts
I prefer the glossy dark-finished like the Lexus ISF?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts