BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey Atomic80, I recently bought a 2001 M5 here in Honolulu, and it has a splitter with the M Sport logo painted on just exactly like yours. It's LeMans Blue, too. Beautiful machines! Norgeiron

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Norgeiron said:
Hey Atomic80, I recently bought a 2001 M5 here in Honolulu, and it has a splitter with the M Sport logo painted on just exactly like yours. It's LeMans Blue, too. Beautiful machines! Norgeiron
Norgeiron,

You must have bought the M5 from my friend Lorin! He's the one who originated the idea of putting the M colors on the splitter. He had one done for me and shipped it over! He's a GREAT guy. You've managed to get a GREAT car! I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Atomic80,

Yeah, small world, isn't it? I talked to Lorrin on the phone about a month ago, and he told me the detailed history of this car and about how he had spent a long time figuring out the exact proportions of the M Sport logo to paint on the splitter. He also told me he had a friend on the mainland that he had send the idea to. He sounds like a real good guy. I actually bought the car from an airline pilot named Keith whom Lorrin had sold it to. Keith owned it for about 11 months and only put 2,000 miles on it, so it was a deal I could not pass up, as both Lorrin and Keith were unbelievably meticulous. Lorrin even parked it on carpet! One of the best things Lorrin did for this car was install Dinan free flow exhaust.....I just love listening to it, a throaty sound that stirs the blood.
Aloha, Norgerion

am
atomic80 said:
Norgeiron,

You must have bought the M5 from my friend Lorin! He's the one who originated the idea of putting the M colors on the splitter. He had one done for me and shipped it over! He's a GREAT guy. You've managed to get a GREAT car! I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Great pics Jason! I always love seeing your fisheye shots. Did you change your steering wheel? It looks like the SMG-style steering wheel now.

·
Registered
432 Posts
As always, you do an AMAZING job with your camera and beast, Jason!
I think this truly is one of the most beautiful beasts on the board, and LMB isn't even my favourite colour!
There are so many details in your pictures...

·
Registered
188 Posts
atomic80
Wow! Love the M colors on the splitter. It looks like it came from the factory. Perfect size and coloring. Now.......I wonder how I can get that done in NY, any suggestions guys? :1:

·
M5 Extraordinare!
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Norgerion,

I'm very happy to see that Lorin's beautiful M5 ended up in good hands. I'm sure you'll take good care of her. :D That very same M5 is the VERY first one that I've had the luxury of test driving and was the first time seeing Lemans blue up close in person (I'd seen it in pictures) and you can say that in the Hawaiian sun, it was STUNNING! I'd received justification for having ordered that color. I remember Lorin telling me how he'd put on the exhaust himself. It sounded soooooo good that I couldn't wait to get mine put on!

Everyone,

Thank you for your kind words!

Paolo,

Yes and no, I only installed that grey "T" piece that you see in the picture. A fellow M5'er was nice enough to give me that in exchange for a RC car that he'd been wanting for a very long time. He even installed it for me. It's a bit tricky putting it on with the airbag in place. We held our breath the whole time. He even went as far as putting Alcantara lining on top of his own "T" piece. Looks awesome I'm telling you! I sure wish I took pictures at the time!

cohenfive,

Yup, that's my new house...finished last December. I think that some of you guys will recall my fisheye shots from a couple years ago showing just the frame.

ManikM5,

I find that angles + fisheye really heightens the overall feel. For example....

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
It's always a treat to look at your photography, Jason. :M5thumbs:

Nice to see someone else using the M-driving gloves ;)

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Jason,

You already know that I love you shots, but I thought I might add to the compliments. Great shots!

Also, I didn't pay attention during our coastal run, does your steering wheel insert match the titanium trim of the M5?

Travis

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sweet, very, very nice... You're gonna have to post more photo's for us... What type of camera/lens (brand) are you using? Trying to decide on a digital SLR myself, can't decide between the Nikon N70 or the Canon Rebel Digital... Any suggestions?:1:

·
Registered
132 Posts
What awesome pics! Kudos!

OT - what's with the old pickup off into the ditch?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts