BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went home for Easter this past weekend, and my friend with an '06 IB Z4MC decided we were going to go out for a ///M-ini photoshoot. There's not much in the way of dramatic scenery in my hometown of High Point, but we worked with what's available. You can thank Phototbucket for compressing the images and killing the quality.

All photos were taken by my friend with a Nikon D80, and are unedited aside from being cropped to more manageable dimensions. They'd probably clean up well and look much better with a little Photoshopping, but I don't have the time. My car is riding on a Dinan suspension with 4x 9.5" wheels, and my friend's Z4M has H&R springs on stock size wheels and tires.

^^^^
275f/285r tires with -2 deg camber all around :hihi: ouich

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Cars are looking good. That's the biggest dresser and pair of socks I've ever seen(first pic).

·
Registered
553 Posts
Cars are looking good. That's the biggest dresser and pair of socks I've ever seen(first pic).
tell me about it. is that a furniture store? interesting facade.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: chowdah

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Very nice combo thanks for sharing the pics:thumbsup:...I have both named LoLa and Lucio but e39 M5 is Imola and Z4mcoupe is Alpine white...

·
Registered
158 Posts
EaglEye, I like the wheel/tire combination, too. Looks aggressive. Are you running OEM rear rims all around? Any problem mounting a 285 tire on that rim in the rear or does it fit just like a 275?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EaglEye, I like the wheel/tire combination, too. Looks aggressive. Are you running OEM rear rims all around? Any problem mounting a 285 tire on that rim in the rear or does it fit just like a 275?
Yes sir, rears all around. The 285s mounted just fine, and there is very little if any perceptible difference in sidewall bulge compared to a 275.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
Nice pics! Imloa is so beautiful. I just had my Imola Red ZHP detailed today, so this makes me think it is way past time to take some pics of it with the M5...after all these years, one would think I'd gotten to already.:sad1: Speaking of which, if anyone in the Raleigh area wants a fantastic detailer who will do an incredible job for far less money than you'd believe, call Ken: www.detailguru.com.

Chuck

P.S. Sometime we should do an early morning sunlight photoshoot with your M5, mine and Richbob's (Alpine White) cars. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Dang those are some awesome pics! I like how you pictured the car so you can see the lip of the wheels more. Very classy my friend. Car is fabulous!!!

·
Registered
597 Posts
BMW E39 M5 and Nikon...best pairing you could make!!

Nice shots. I am loving Imola, I just don't need the attention a fire red m5 would give the cops =)

Do you have any interior shots?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Great cars and Great pictures

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Great pictures, nice combination!:cheers:

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Great cars! Come take pics of mine now :thumbsup:

·
Registered
233 Posts
You ride in great company. Especially enjoy the photo which is in motion. Imola Red is a classic and such an eye catcher. Keep her clean!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Awesome pics man! Really contemplating going with 18x9.5 all around..Could I ask you if you think ride quality is worsened at all with this set up?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome pics man! Really contemplating going with 18x9.5 all around..Could I ask you if you think ride quality is worsened at all with this set up?
I don't think it had any effect on ride quality either way. Steering feel? Yes, slightly less sharp, but ride quality, no.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Both of those cars look terrible. Just Awful.
Please drive them to my house immediately and park them in my garage.
I'll hide them for you.
Really, everything will be ok, if you just hand over the cars right now.

:1:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts