BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most Saturdays I like to wash up the car and go take some pictures someplace new, and since today "feels" like a Saturday I figured I was going to go out. Here are the results:

And just for fun, my nephew:

I hope you all enjoy these shots, I am always trying to get better at them and as such if anyone has any suggestions or constructive critisim please feel free to let me know!

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Nice pics...

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
If only your nephew could reach the wheel and foot pedals........These pics would have shown just you in the distance holding the camera while he was driving away...........LOL :1:

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Good work, man! Like the pics a lot. May I recommend you turn on the fog lights next time? I think vehicles with 4 sets of lights are awesome.

I like how in some of them you have the car out of focus, nice touch! :cheers:

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I like the shots. Nice composition.

Camera and lens info? A number of us are shutterbugs. I upgraded to a Canon 40D last fall and wow! What an upgrade to my XTi. My main lens is a f/2.8 17-55mm IS zoom.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I like the shots. Nice composition.

Camera and lens info? A number of us are shutterbugs. I upgraded to a Canon 40D last fall and wow! What an upgrade to my XTi. My main lens is a f/2.8 17-55mm IS zoom.
My 300d recently crapped out (started taking pictures with scanlines. $450 to fix) and I'm torn between the 40d and the XSI. How do you like it?

I have a bunch of canon lenses meaning that I'm pretty much stuck with canon (not that I mind!).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm shooting a Nikon D80 presently. More than enough camera for me. :)

The lens this time around was a AF/S f/3.5-5.6 DX Nikkor Zoom, 18-135mm.

I've shot a bunch of stuff with my fixed 50mm f/1.8 lens, but for some reason nothing ever comes out as sharp as with the above mentioned kit lens. I also love the versitility of it. Great all arounder.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good work, man! Like the pics a lot. May I recommend you turn on the fog lights next time? I think vehicles with 4 sets of lights are awesome.

I like how in some of them you have the car out of focus, nice touch! :cheers:
I love fog lights shots too, but the difference in color between the fogs and the xeons drives me up the bend. Oh well, time for the xeon fog light upgrade then, maybe angel eyes too. :3:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Nice shots! I thought I saw some Nikon showing through there.

I shoot a D200 =)

I would like to see what #1 and 5 how would look in B&W.

I am trying to keep my NAS under control right now so I can save for my up coming M!

·
Registered
587 Posts
My 300d recently crapped out (started taking pictures with scanlines. $450 to fix) and I'm torn between the 40d and the XSI. How do you like it?

I have a bunch of canon lenses meaning that I'm pretty much stuck with canon (not that I mind!).
I'd normally say get the XSI and go for better glass, but you said you already have some lenses, so I'd go for a 40d. I love mine;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice shots! I thought I saw some Nikon showing through there.

I shoot a D200 =)

I would like to see what #1 and 5 how would look in B&W.

I am trying to keep my NAS under control right now so I can save for my up coming M!
NAS is the bane of my existance. :cheers:

As requested:

-Jeff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts