BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a year of tolerating my recalcitrant mechanic's obstinate refusal to install my laser jammer (he claimed he didn't think they work so he was against installing it), I finally took my business elsewhere. And I'm very happy with the results. Here are some pix of the install:

Reactions: Mike S. and Gustav

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Transponders installed in front grill and rear bumper strip. Green LED indicator light installed in switch blank next to headlight switch. 3-way rocker switch installed into bottom of steering column: 1. Laser Jammer On 2. Off 3. Parking Assist On.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Fantastic looking install! And congrats on finding a "willing" mechanic. :)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Looks great... report back on how it works! :happybirt

·
Registered
707 Posts
the fitment in the back of the car is perfect. had to look more carefully at the picture as with the scrolling 1st did not catch the transponders with my eyes.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Nice install!

Love the way they put the rear shifters into the bumper strip. Have you thought about putting the front shifters into the front rub strip below the headlights? I have a Passport 9500ci with the ZR4 shifters on the front, and have been contemplating putting the shifters into the front rub strips for a while now. That would be the optimal spot for performance(to protect the headlights) and stealth.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Nice install!

Love the way they put the rear shifters into the bumper strip. Have you thought about putting the front shifters into the front rub strip below the headlights? I have a Passport 9500ci with the ZR4 shifters on the front, and have been contemplating putting the shifters into the front rub strips for a while now. That would be the optimal spot for performance(to protect the headlights) and stealth.
I agree the fronts in that location would be ideal or even (if they fit) in the filler piece below the headlights. the thing is mounting them in either location would cost significantly more then how he had them mounted.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hey Lunker, Lugnuts is right. In fact, I originally wanted them there to match the rear install, but it was quite a bit more labor...so I agreed to where they are--in the grill. Maybe I'll have them moved later, but for now I'm just happy to have it installed....Now I need to go find some laser traps!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$600 at a place called Custom Sounds in San Antonio. Same day delivery.

·
Registered
180 Posts
For the OP, do you have any insight into how the rear heads were installed? I'm planning on doing the same thing and I'm wondering if there are any clearance issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts