BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

Could you post photos from your M6 with tinted windows? I am especially curious about covertibles with window tints as I am going to do mine next week.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

Reactions: MKSixer and m630

·
Registered
933 Posts
Unlike Ajax, I don't have any friends with white bikinis...

Mark...is your car tinted?

I didn't think it was, but the first pic (close up) looks like its tinted, but the second pic does not look tinted.

Im confused ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the photos! All your cars look gorgeous! I think on the white cars you maybe need less tint because of the contrast. The company I go supplies Llumar, I had Llumar Titanium on my CSL but now I want to go for Alu Light which is 21%. But I am a bit confused, does anybody know if it is 21% translucent or 21% tint? I tried it with photoshop and than I paint the windows 79% black, but don't know if that is right...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Mark those pix are sick!!!

Here's a few in the cooler weather....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I had 20% on the black cabrio and it wasn't dark enough at all. Not sure why. I am considering 5% on this one. The cops don't care either...I even asked them and they said they will only write a ticket if you are a jerk to them for something else.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I had 20% on the black cabrio and it wasn't dark enough at all. Not sure why. I am considering 5% on this one. The cops don't care either...I even asked them and they said they will only write a ticket if you are a jerk to them for something else.

I have 5% as well...you can see through 20s easily in the day and depending on the lighting outside, even at night.

5% all the way...

here are a few quick pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The 5% really looks stunning! Here is nothing allowed, even not the lightest tint. Don't you have problems with driving or parking in the dark?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have always tinted as dark as I can go.... I am used to it so no issues with parking or night driving....the tint I have is not legal where I live...it is far too dark and meant for rear windows, but law enforcement has 1000+ better things to do....I am sure if I got nicked and was being a jerk, they could write me up for tint....but they would need a light meter with them to verify I am out of compliance :wroom:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Thank you all for the photos! All your cars look gorgeous! I think on the white cars you maybe need less tint because of the contrast. The company I go supplies Llumar, I had Llumar Titanium on my CSL but now I want to go for Alu Light which is 21%. But I am a bit confused, does anybody know if it is 21% translucent or 21% tint? I tried it with photoshop and than I paint the windows 79% black, but don't know if that is right...
The number is percentage of light allowed to pass. So a 20% tint blocks 80% of light.

The 5% really looks stunning! Here is nothing allowed, even not the lightest tint. Don't you have problems with driving or parking in the dark?
The only issue Ajax has is rear view mirror thru back window at night is quite reduced. But at high speed rapid acceleration, anything in the rear view would quickly disappear anyway.

·
Banned
123 Posts
25% is the lightest you should go with a black or charcoal film from either 3m or lumar and do like a 15%/17%/20% or be like me on all my cars and do the limo 5% for ultimate sun and people protection and look's great!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Tint laws vary by state:
Auto Window Tint Laws | TintCenter Window Tinting
Window film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is Hawaii it is 35% all the way around (except the front windshield of course), so it's not as dark as some other places. Some dudes have very (illegal) dark windows but that pisses off the cops a bit. The keep claiming they can't see if you have a weapon drawn if they approach the car at a traffic stop, yada, yada, yada.

Still, like most places you probably won't be stopped for that alone. But the cops do have light meters in many cities (I know a guy who engineered light meters which were sold all over the country).

I have to keep my car as legal as possible because of where I have to drive it for work. But that's OK by me as it is dark enough for heat reduction (especially when parked) and it does look better. I can't think of any color M6 that would not look better with tinted windows.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
After seeing your car Slammed, I will try the 5% out. Worst that can happen is a few $100 tickets.

Mark, I am sure your car gets way too much attention as it is, there on Oahu. I can only imaging adding anything illegal to get you pulled more often :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
NCM6Cabrio: Nice ride... would you happen to have a side view pic of your car with the top down and windows down.. im kinda diggin the spoiler, but wanna see the profile.. also a pic with top down and windows up too. I planning on getting 35% also, but wanna see what it looks like. Thanks in advance. =)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Guys,

Thanks for al your replies, I have been away for a while. Finally I have tinted my convertible with a Llumar Alu Light which is a 21% tint.
Below some pictures, will post some more if I have better ones...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts