1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
OH MAMMA!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Note that the wheels look like they have a consistent chrome finish throughout, rather than the two-tone dark/shiny finish of the 2000.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Where dit you find this picture?

sniff, and i have still 39days 37min 51sec to wait...
but it's worth!

------------------
Dany

'01 M5 - lemans blue (in november i hope!)

'97 M3 - cosmos black

·
Registered
136 Posts
i've found it myself (Imagegallery from the Show in Paris)...

------------------
Dany

'01 M5 - lemans blue (in november i hope!)
'97 M3 - cosmos black

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Ooooohhh baby!

I noticed the same thing about the wheels. I hope they make it to production. I Never liked that dark satin chrome finish.

'93 M5 (4 sale)
'01 M5 (le mans of course)

·
Registered
77 Posts
The LeMans Blue has always been described as dark with a "purplish" tinge to it. It doesn't look like Avus Blue either. This looks more like a color I have seen only a few times on 3 series cars called Estoral Blue. (The spelling may be completely off because I have only heard the name and not seen it in print.)

I don't believe this color is available on any BMWs as a standard item anymore.

Mark

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think Estoril blue is still available for the M roadster and Z3M, so it would still be available at extra cost for the M5. I have a 97 M3 in this colour, it's really nice but I wanted a change so in Jan a Le mans blue M5 should finally arrive.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The colour you are referring to is called Estoril Blue, it was available for E36 M3 and M Roadster and maybe, not sure, for Compact.
Basically 3 Series colour, which I don't think is available any longer.
I'd think that it was much lighter than LeMans Blue.

------------------
SL

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Perhaps this will help.

The 2001 wheels are exactly the same as the 2000 ones. I saw them yesterday and they are exactly the same as mine.

------------------
Jim
07/00 M5 Titanium over Red

·
Registered
45 Posts
Please help, I have just ordered a 2001 spec M5 and have been told that le mans blue is no different to avus blue, just a change in the name of the colour. I do not like avus but think the colour of the paris show m5 looks the business. Is this avus blue disguised by trick lighting at the show or is this a totally new colour by the name of le mans blue.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is indeed a different color.

This just goes to show that LAME BMW dealers are all around the world !!

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Your are right Marlin.

If you don't expect much you won't be disappointed.

------------------
Jim
07/00 M5 Titanium over Red

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
. But those wheels!!! The wheels in the picture are beutiful... Are those stock??

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
After reading some other posts, I'm baginning to wonder if this is Lemans blue. According to several people the official BMW color swatch shows Lemans to be much darker, with a purple-ish shade to it. Could it be that the M5 shown here is actually Topaz Blue, a standard 5er color for 2001? I just picked up the new 2001 brochure and it has a nice Topaz color swatch that looks very similar to this picture

------------------
'00 E39 M5
'97 E39 540i six speed

·
Registered
187 Posts
The wheels in the photo look like they are painted silver instead of shadow chrome. I'm considering having mine painted also. I'm tired of the "always dirty look", especially with my Alpine white car.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Would it be possible to coat the wheels in chrome, ala Porsche or Mercedes?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts