BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me any details on the factory phone?Is it worth the money?What are
some of the features?Nasser

·
Registered
11 Posts
Originally posted by nascar:
Can anyone give me any details on the factory phone?Is it worth the money?What are
some of the features?Nasser
I have the Startac BMW 7000 with voice activation. Some of the features include total voice activation where you can use voice commands to dial numbers and activate the navigation system. Also you can store 50 numbers which can be operated from the steering wheel. Those numbers and names are visually seen on the dash board. The voice activation is fantastic because of the stick shift. Also when an incoming call comes in the radio is automatically muted.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What voice commands can you give to the navigation system? I'm more interested in that than in the phone system.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Originally posted by Veritis:
What voice commands can you give to the navigation system? I'm more interested in that than in the phone system.

Thanks
VOICE COMMANDS CAN BE USED TO DIAL ANY PHONE NUMBER. YOU CAN STORE UP TO 30 NAMES IN THE DATABASE AND REQUEST THEM TO BE DIALED WHEN SPEAKING THE NAME. THE NAVIGATIONAL SYSTEM CAN BE ACTIVATED BY VOICE COMMAND IN RETRIEVING NEAREST HOTELS , RESTAURANTS, ROUTES, ETC. ALSO THERE IS A NOTEPAD FUNCTION WHICH ALLOWS YOU DICTATION AND HAVING IT BEING REPLAYED. IN CLOSING THE VOICE ACTIVATION FEATURE IS A SEPARATE OPTION FROM THE STARTAC PHONE WHICH IS OPERATED THROUGH THE STEERING WHEEL. THEY REALLY GOUGH YOU ON THE PRICE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts