BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member to the ///M5 club and couldn't be happier. I love the nickname "the beast", as it sums things up perfectly.

I have aquired a 2000 with the phone hookup, but with no phone. I want to know if it is worth purchasing the BMW phone for this system, or if there is a better alternative. I would like to have use through the nav system ect.

Thanks for the help.

Brian Sorrentino
2000 Carbon Black
UUC Short shift

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BrianS said:
I am a new member to the ///M5 club and couldn't be happier. I love the nickname "the beast", as it sums things up perfectly.

I have aquired a 2000 with the phone hookup, but with no phone. I want to know if it is worth purchasing the BMW phone for this system, or if there is a better alternative. I would like to have use through the nav system ect.

Thanks for the help.

Brian Sorrentino
2000 Carbon Black
UUC Short shift
Nevermind. Found out the answer through the archives. Looks like it's a Motorola CPT8000.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
FYI, my 2001 came with CPT7000, the CPT8000 was not easy to get as of December 2000. I think there are much better and cheaper phones out now. Also, these guys claim to have a bluetooth kit for our cars:

Michelle Stobart
Project Manager
Aardvark Multimedia
140 Gross Street, Ste. 165
Marietta, OH 45750
[email protected]

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. I have an old K40 radar system (uninstalled) but am thinking of going with the VI. Any input on that? Thanks again. Brian

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Your welcome! If you want the CPT7000 from my car, let me know.

I think the V1 with the StealthOne (A board sponsor) is the balls.

Bill

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bill, I'll let you know about the CPT7000 after I hear back from Aardvark. I figured that about the VI. Thanks again. Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts