BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh yeah baby!

Sorry but I couldn't resist posting this - it's so unique :cool:

This one's in the UK and I know there's one in Holland so that's at least two!!

The only colour I've not seen yet for a E39 M5 is Laguna Seca Blue - does such a beast exist? Was anyone brave enough?

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Yuck...sorry, but that color just doesnt flatter the E39. LSB isnt my favorite either, and thankfully I havent seen that color on a beast. I gotta hand it to the owner though, that is pretty daring indeed.
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Pheonix looks great on the M3 but not sure about it on the M5. :confused:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I quite like it, very different individual taste.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I have seen a yellow M5 in San Diego at a meet a couple of years ago. It was an individual car and not an aftermarket paint job. It really causes second and third looks from everyone one around it.

So now there at least three.

Mark

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
MAH said:
I have seen a yellow M5 in San Diego at a meet a couple of years ago. It was an individual car and not an aftermarket paint job. It really causes second and third looks from everyone one around it.
I believe that was Dakar Yellow though, not Phoenix Yellow.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
kees said:
I believe that was Dakar Yellow though, not Phoenix Yellow.
You might be right, I was so astounded at a yellow M5 that I probably forgot to ask the owner the specific shade of yellow.

I still have to ask why? I know, each to his own.

Mark

·
Registered
41 Posts
There's a laguna seca blue m5 in new york, but i'm 90 percent sure it's an after market paintjob.. It looked ummmmmm........odd. Had a laguna seca m3 looked gorgeous on the m3, but the 5 body is too big for such a flashy color

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Yellow maybe isn't the best looking color for the M5, but I can't say that it's ugly too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It is too bad that Phoenix Gold is so poorly duplicated in photos. I have yet to see a picture which fairly represents it. There is an M3 in town that is that colour and it looks amazing in person. Nothing like the pics. I like it much more than Dakar Yellow which I find pale and washed out looking.

·
Registered
29 Posts
that's very true, if you stand next to the car, then definately you gonna love it, i parked once next to a m3, it was just awesome, big brother next to little brother :haha: shame i didn't have my camera with me :wroom:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts