BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI, got a call from a salesman who was gracious enough to let me know that the M5 would be here in October and that I could get one for a mere 35K over sticker. Needless to say I put a 50K deposit down immediately. :3:

Chapman BMW on Camelback. Nice work gentelmen. I tried to buy an M3 form them, they blew that and I bought a C55, tried to lease a 745Li thorugh them , they blew that, now this. Whats next? Oh wait, the 50K markup on the M6, silly me.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Go to BMW North Scottsdale - no markup (MSRP). Slot #70 is open - wait is about 39 weeks at this point. There may be a lot of people who drop out...they have the list and you put $2k refundable down to get on the list - as they get allocations, they call you and just go down the list. If you get called, you go and put $3k more down and then place your order. Once the order is confirmed by BMWNA, the monies are no longer refundable.

If you get called and they can't get a hold of you or you pass, they just keep going down the list - so you could get your allocation sooner. If you put the $5k refundable down up front, they will wait to hear back from you and will not skip you on the list.

Just FYI.

SoulBladeZA said:
He was propably being sarcastic

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Scorpio. I actually have a deposit with the Porsche store to order a 997S. The BMW guy called me a bit out of the blue. Admittedly peaked my interest, M5 will probably be as fast and easier to live with. I'm driving a C55 right now that I really like a lot and my wife has a 745Li which from a driving standpoint is fantastic. The M5 would be, IMO, a great combo of the performance of the AMG car but based on the 745Li will probably be a better driving car than the AMG. I drove the E55 before I bought the C55 and wasn't impressed with how it handled. The BMW's seem to be a little sharper at the edge.

·
Registered
90 Posts
SCORPIO said:
Go to BMW North Scottsdale - no markup (MSRP). Slot #70 is open - wait is about 39 weeks at this point. There may be a lot of people who drop out...they have the list and you put $2k refundable down to get on the list - as they get allocations, they call you and just go down the list. If you get called, you go and put $3k more down and then place your order. Once the order is confirmed by BMWNA, the monies are no longer refundable.

If you get called and they can't get a hold of you or you pass, they just keep going down the list - so you could get your allocation sooner. If you put the $5k refundable down up front, they will wait to hear back from you and will not skip you on the list.

Just FYI.
I agree, I dropped Chapman years ago for that same practice, go to North Scottsdale. Two of the first five dropped out on Scottsdale's list, they received three in their first allocation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts