BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are quite a few members on the board that live in the Philly Burbs. I work in King of Prussia and wondered in anyone had a tint installer that they would recommend in the surrounding area.

Thanks in advance :cheers:

·
Registered
962 Posts
i used Sun and Shade in Skippack about 4 years ago - they did a great job, were reasonable and great to work with.

a friend just used them to tint his M3 and he had a good experience as well

http://www.sunandshade.net/

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sun and shade tint

I went ahead and used sun and shade to have tint installed on my M5. Just wanted to post my experience so people can stay away from this place in the future.

Once the initial job was done, there were a few air bubbles and what looked like creases in the tint. I asked the installer about them as soon as I picked up the car and should have known something was up when he stated they would disappear when the moisture evaporated.

So after i waited the few days to use the windows, the spots all look the same. At least a few small air bubbles or creases on each window. I called and expressed my displeasure with their work and wanted to bring the car back to get fixed. We agreed to a date, and then a day before the appointment they called and canceled the appointment.

So fast forward two weeks later and I took the car back in yesterday. After excuse after excuse on why the job was not done correctly, I received their "attempt" to correct the problem. Needless to say, I feel like there are more problem areas now than compared to before I took the car in. So know I have tint that looks good from far, but is far from good.

Just hope I can save some others in the area frustration if they would decide to use this shop... I would say to stay far away!

·
Super Moderator
4,849 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Hope it works out.

If you need another vendor, I was referred to a good shop in 19720, 302.324.9277, Steve Ayers. I have not used their services per se, but I had them evaluate the quality of the job that my car came with; I was impressed.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that your experience was so bad - since I'm the one who recommended them. They also told me that the "bubbles will disappear" and they did completely after about a week. I know I got a 3M brand tint but honestly don't recall which one at this point. I wonder if our differing experiences are due to the specific installer, the product used or something else.

Regardless, sounds totally unacceptable and they should either remove it and refund entirely or redo it to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I took the car back to them and asked them if the blemishes are out of the ordinary, I felt like they tried to act like their botched installation was my fault. There were all sorts of excuses from tight weather seals to the car being 5 years old for their crap installation job. If I paid for a cheap install job, I would not be complaining. I felt like it was a reputable shop and I paid a good price for that. The tire shop they are attached to is a very reputable shop.

There is one spot on my rear window that looks like a crease, and it is actually a fiber between the window and the tint that they did not even touch. There is another spot on one of the rear passenger windows where there is a spec of dirt between the window and the tint. it drives me nuts as they stand out when you look at the tint.

Of course the owner of the shop "had" to take a vacation day at the last minute, so he was not there to see the car. Pretty frustrating to deal with this as they act like they are doing me a favor when I am wasting saturdays away to drop off the car and then later pick it up...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts