BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I've had my M for about 6 months now, and in the last few weeks this has started happening. I'll be driving along, and my seat will move forward by itself, not much, probably about 1/4" but enough to notice that my seatbelt got tighter. It has moved back as well, about the same distance. Normally it occurs after about 45 min of driving, and it will do it a few times, but this morning it happened after about 15min of driving. this happen to anyone else?? Where do I start to figure out whats wrong haha. thanks guys!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Maybe check the connection of the toggle (switch) located on the seat base. A dirty or loose connection may cause this. Not sure though.:confused:

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Are you actually hearing the motor driving the seat backwards and forwards or is it like the seat is loose and moving on the track?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll get in there tomorrow and check all of the connections! It seems to happen only on the highway and semi rough roads. So a loose connector is possible.

And as far as hearing the motor for the seat, I haven't heard it come on, but then again it's always been while driving, so the radio is usually on or the windows open, so I haven't noticed that. It's definitely not the seat just moving on the track, because when I'm stationary the seat is solid as a rock. It literally just feels like when you tap the toggle to move the seat forward or back, very quickly. It kind of threw my equilibrium off when it happened first, but then I realized the seat had moved when the seat belt was slightly tighter across my chest lol

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Just in case it's the other memory settings spontaneously switching on, is it anything like what happens when you press setting 2 or 3?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts