BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just trawling round for my insurance quote, and got a number of insurers from the BMW Car Club magazine. Anyway contacted Peter Best, who, can you get this, do not have 'any' BMW M5s on their system other than E39 onwards because, all other M5s are private imports and are built in Germany, whereas the E39s are all built in the UK?

Anyone recommend a reasonable 'best buy' insurace company?

Thanks

Regards

Brian

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I think the consensus last year was that Liverpool Victoria was the one to try!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I ended up better off with Norwich Union Direct last year but I have been changing companies regularly. It appears they offer a great deal for your first year but rely on customer inertia from then on.
Tesco premiums were up around 60% for the second year so it was :byee55amg from me.

cherrsagai

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mmm-Five

£330 saving in 10 minutes!!

Liverpool Victoria were £455 against Adrian Flux (LINK) who were asking £783 with slightly more on excess.

Thanks again!

Mmm-Five said:
I think the consensus last year was that Liverpool Victoria was the one to try!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Brian M5 said:
Norwich Union Direct
That's odd, perhaps they've changed their policy now, but when I renewed my insurance in October, they told me they don't cover BMW M cars... :3:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did it 'online' and you put your vehicle registration in and up popped '1992 BMW M5'.

AndyE said:
That's odd, perhaps they've changed their policy now, but when I renewed my insurance in October, they told me they don't cover BMW M cars... :3:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Liverpool Victoria seem to be the business again.
I'm paying £560 ish with a couple of SP 50s (Speeding on motorway tickets for those non Brits) and a written off M5 a couple of years back, although on a protected policy and a no fault claim - but see the premium increase (above) nonetheless.

Andy, Norwich Union Direct were certainly issuing policies on M5s last May and I'll no doubt be getting a renewal soon.
cherrsagai

·
Registered
236 Posts
Insurance

I too am with Norwich Union. I was insured first with them on my E34 and now on my E39. I did a couple of ring rounds after seeing the posts on her from fellow Brits on the matter of insurance but none of the other companies mentioned at the time could better the NU quote.

Pip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts