BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday driving home I noticed the airbag light right side of the dash turn on RED, not sure exactly when it turned on but am sure it was yesterday itself. Been searching and it seems there are various reasons as why it may have suddenly come on. Have not read the codes yet will today but wanted to see if anyone had some specific advice. All I can remember I did was move my drivers side rubber mat which is above the actual mat closer to the back as it always slides up front, but again I have done this numerous times before with no issue. Nothing else I can think of that may have triggered it no one has sat in the passenger side or anything like that. Sure enough in the morning the light is still on.:mad:

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Get the codes read with INPA, it will save a lot of guessing and tell you where the problem is. If you really have done nothing then a possible cause would be the slip ring contacts for the wheel air bag, but any connection can corrode or wire can fatigue (in the door for example).

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Could be a faulty airbag module as many mentioned when my light came on.
I bought another but have not replaced it to determine if it is the cause of my light.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did you end up reading the codes? I'm looking for insight into an airbag light and code 63 (Control Unit Self-Test Safety Concept Master Check). My car has no mods and it just popped up. Good luck!

EDIT: Nevermind - the price of doing things late at night is that "b"'s really do look like "6"'s. Still have random airbag light though - I'm interested in your resolution. . .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts