BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got the gokart rear quarter panel tag on the hwy by a grand cherokee, turned sideways, t-boned on the passenger side and then managed to collect about 25 feet of guardrail on the drivers side. Car looks bad, waiting to hear from the adjustors. My bet is that it is totalled but lets see what the adjustor/estimator says first.

So what do I replace it with? I need to have a back seat and i sue this as a daily driver with 80 miles a day on it so my thoughts are:
1. find another e39 m5, pref imola, pref with dinan goodies
2. take the settlement and put it into a newer m3 convertible with goodies on it
3. find something other than a bimmer that can offer a great driving experience (hard to do - RS4?)
4. bite the bullet and buy a year old m6 which i would love but would rather spend $ elsewhere

thoughts?

oh, and for those who will ask, i will let you know if it is totalled and what the option to buy it is, if it is offered to me. It was mostly stock though i have Dinan CAI sitting in my garage waiting to be installed.

Will post pics when I get some - but they'll make you cry

·
Registered
475 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident dude. I went through this back in May of last year. Wrecked the jet black E39 M5 and got into an Imola E39 M5 with lots of Dinan goodies. In my opinion there is no better all around car. Room for the kids and still more than enough good looks and power to keep me happy. Glad you are ok, good luck with your next purchase.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I assume that you were able to walk away from this?
Glad to hear the you are ok.

I vote another M5 (e39).

:cheers:

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Oh:eek:oohhh: an Imola bro. fallen:crying2: but glad your ok...btw what is your interior color?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
sad to hear teej. Get another e39.

·
Registered
526 Posts
By removing your's from the pool, you just made ours more rare and valuable (joke)

Seriously, glad no one got hurt, must really be annoying to have some idiot destroy your pride and joy.

I'd look at all your options, go test drive them.
S2 Dinan sounds sweet if you can find one
Nothing wrong with a RS4
M6 must be fantastic (but a lot more expensive than your other choices)

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
like stated above glad your ok and walked away unharmed the beast gave you her all to protect you dont let her down go buy one of her siblings she will rest alot better knowing this

·
Registered
426 Posts
Dang sorry to hear that man. You must replace the car with another E39 M5, you will be unhappy with anything else. If its a total, buy the car back and part her out. Everyone needs extra M5 parts! :)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I went through this just last month. Sorry for your loss, hope you are OK.

I personally would stay away from the Audi, get another BMW. M6 is a great choice except that it's really limited in rear seat headroom and will have horrendous depreciation. And if the kids are still in child seats, it will be a huge PITA to get them in there.

You can see from my sig which way I went. But my [step]kids don't travel in my car much and they're old enough that I needed more headroom than the 6 could provide.

Best of luck,

Michael

1 - 11 of 11 Posts