BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I visited the website and for the stage 2 tune you listed 450whp in one place where the package deals are and 480whp in where you can order just the tune. So which one is which? Because I am interested and willing to try it out. I'll do the SMG first then we will try out the engine tune. By the way where are you located at?

·
Registered
459 Posts
So I visited the website and for the stage 2 tune you listed 450whp in one place where the package deals are and 480whp in where you can order just the tune. So which one is which? Because I am interested and willing to try it out. I'll do the SMG first then we will try out the engine tune. By the way where are you located at?
Hi shef_26,
Horsepower to the wheels depends on a number of factors - fuel quality, air flow, temperature, altitude, humidity, strap down tension, quality of plugs/engine, etc.. Normally with our software, we see about a 20-30 crank HP gain. It's hard to always see this gain on the dyno, because the vehicle becomes heatsoaked quickly, and there isn't enough airflow to keep the temperatures down, causing the vehicle to retard ignition timing. Stage II software is suited for vehicles with headers or removal of the primary cats, and we've seen cars dyno with near 500 wheel horsepower with all of the bolt-ons, headers, and our software. Hope this helps answer your question, and please feel free to call, email, or message us for more information.

You can find some dyno sheets here with before/after tune - http://www.bpmsport.com/M5Dyno.pdf

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you post more videos to your YouTube channel about coding, dyno with headers that are without cats...maybe an under drive pulley, AFE intakes, different differential. All of that would help me personally to make a decision.
Are you guys located in CA?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys have a lot of videos for the M3 but almost nothing for the M5. I'd like to know more about the CCC navigation on YouTube.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Can you post more videos to your YouTube channel about coding, dyno with headers that are without cats...maybe an under drive pulley, AFE intakes, different differential. All of that would help me personally to make a decision.
Are you guys located in CA?
Yes, located in CA. Feel free to ring my cell at 310-488-2418 to discuss upgrade paths for your vehicle.

As far as the CCC to CIC upgrade, have a look at our blog:

E63 M6 Performance Tune, SMG Software, & CIC Retrofit + Customer Review | BPM Sport | Blog
E60 M5 RD 5.8 Stroker CIC & Combox Retrofit | BPM Sport | Blog
650i CIC Activation & BMW Apps/Connected Drive | BPM Sport | Blog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts