BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I am a long time reader but just recently activated an account. I love this board!!

I have been looking around Atlanta for BMW performance parts and the only place I can find does Dinan. I have nothing against Dinan, but every aftermarket BMW I see on the roads around me has the Dinan label on the back of it. My question to any Atlantans who own an M5 is: Do you all know of any other places in the area that have other aftermarket items specifically for BMW?

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Call Tim Pollack at Bimmers Service Center in Kennesaw - He can get you anything you want. He used to own an E60 M5 and now has an E61 M6. I did my Eibach springs with him and also Corsa exhaust but you can have him order anything and install anything you want. He is big on Meistershaft sections 1-3 systems. Also to save money you can order the parts yourself here from the board sponsors and have them shipped to him for install. I highly recommned his work here in Metro Atlanta. I'm in Marietta.

770-795-1700

I'm about to order the ESS Tune with the handheld ECU flasher. I like that I can flash the ECU myself and take it back to stock if needed. That is DIY kit.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I take mine to the place that does Dinan work, but I can vouch for Tim. He does great work and has done quite a bit of work on M cars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
thanks for the info

thanks for the info I am going to meet up with him tomorrow at 10am to have a look at my car... I just traded in my ISF for a 2006 M5 (blk/blk).
Regards!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Call Tim Pollack at Bimmers Service Center in Kennesaw - He can get you anything you want. He used to own an E60 M5 and now has an E61 M6. I did my Eibach springs with him and also Corsa exhaust but you can have him order anything and install anything you want. He is big on Meistershaft sections 1-3 systems. Also to save money you can order the parts yourself here from the board sponsors and have them shipped to him for install. I highly recommned his work here in Metro Atlanta. I'm in Marietta.

770-795-1700

I'm about to order the ESS Tune with the handheld ECU flasher. I like that I can flash the ECU myself and take it back to stock if needed. That is DIY kit.
Copper,

How much did they quote you for the spring install? I just stopped by Harrison Motorsports here in Alpharetta and they wanted $900 for install ONLY of front and rear H&R springs.:Thumbdown: I already have the springs directly from H&R.

XRay, where do you take your car?

·
Registered
14 Posts
RedRum5 ... I am taking 3 E60's to Tim early next week for spring installs... he is working me a deal... let me know if you want to be the 4th one ... $350 installed. (because of volume)... However we will still need to find a place to get them alligned as he does not have an allignment machine in his shop. Hit me up 678-897-9365 (emanuel)

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
RedRum5 ... I am taking 3 E60's to Tim early next week for spring installs... he is working me a deal... let me know if you want to be the 4th one ... $350 installed. (because of volume)... However we will still need to find a place to get them alligned as he does not have an allignment machine in his shop. Hit me up 678-897-9365 (emanuel)
Manny,

Yes, absolutely! My wheels are getting finished over at Metro Wheels right now (powder coating) so I may not have my car back until Tuesday, but I want in on the deal. That is a sweet offer. I'll pay in advance if necessary. I'll give you a ring tonight.

·
Registered
789 Posts
That is a hell of a deal at $350.00. I might use him if I move on to Coilovers to replace the springs.

RED haven't seen your car in our neck of the woods. Can't miss an Indy Red M5 :) You weren't out at the Octane event at NorthPoint this past Sunday were you?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Alpine,

I've been on the shelf for the last 6 weeks. My car is at United getting the infamous CRB and guide bush replaced (actually entire clutch assembly). Unfortunately, the wheels were stolen off my car just after the repair was completed. I posted about it a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/173574-burglary-dealership.html

I was too depressed about not having my beast to attend this Sunday, but I'll definitely be at the next meet since it's right around the corner from my house.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Copper,

How much did they quote you for the spring install? I just stopped by Harrison Motorsports here in Alpharetta and they wanted $900 for install ONLY of front and rear H&R springs.:Thumbdown: I already have the springs directly from H&R.

XRay, where do you take your car?

Sorry, I've been away on vacation - He charged me $425.00 for the install and then Global Imports charged $149.95 for the 4-wheel alignment.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Manny,

It looks like I'll be ready to go by Monday, 4/18. The wheels are getting finished up this week and the dealer may need to replace my rotors since the car has been sitting OUTSIDE for almost two months now. Let me know when Tim is ready for us and I'll be there.

·
Registered
789 Posts
RedRum - sorry to hear about your car. I didn't know that was your car when I was there the day after it happened. The police were in the parts department interviewing, etc. Sorry to hear. Nothing worse than to hear something like that when your car is already in the shop for another problem.

I am picking mine up today after not being able to get past inspection. They purchased a new diagnostic tool(software) that reads codes to help determine the point of failure when the CEL does not get triggered. They ended up replacing the thermostat which I figured it was but it did not show as a failure on the BMW diag. tools. I hope that is it. They will run it to the emissions place this AM and give me a report.

Hope to see you around since I live in the area as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts