Votes: 4 36.4%
  • RD 'Racing Dynamic'

Votes: 1 9.1%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evosport,Super sprint and RD 'Racing Dynamics', all make headers for the BMW M6/M5.
Wich 1 is best to get??

:dunno:if sound level is not an issue

·
Registered
637 Posts
SS Headers are the closest to equal length. I believe they are as close as you can physically get to equal length with the setup of the car. SS headers are Stainless Steel.

EvoSport are pulse-tuned. They are made of mild steel and Jett-Hot coated.

IMO, RDSport and Evosport have similar designs except the RDSport version has separate pipes and merge collectors like SS, and the EvoSport version is all one piece. There could be other differences, but from pics they look similar. I am not sure of the construction of RD headers.

In all honesty, if I had it to do over again I would go with SS Headers to try the difference of more equal length vs. pulse-tuned and also Stainless construction. But currently I have Evos.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Supersprint is better. zzyzx had SS installed vs. my Evosport.
His midrange is WAY better than me. And when I say way I mean
at least 10-20hp across the entire range until around 8k rpm where
we meet again and are even. I believe we have some dyno numbers
to show that. If not I'm sure we can post them.

Supposedly RPi is coming out with some headers soon.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have Evosport on my car, love them. 25 rwhp gain.

·
Registered
836 Posts
can you confirm that the headers are the source of the midrange discrepancy with pre header dyno's? I would have thought there would be minimal difference.
Also Kelleners switched to Evo from SS? According to RussRamz here on this board the switch was due to better gains? Maybe it was the cost or more raw sound?

BTW I have Evo headers as my sig says. I love them but I too would have liked to experience both on my car to know what the other side is like.

Reactions: m6-law

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Kelleners-Sport told me they have installed a lot of Supersprint headers and then I came along with the Evosport headers. They told me that the Evosport seemed to give better gains. They didn't give me a number, just their general observation that Evosport were somewhat higher.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Kelleners-Sport told me they have installed a lot of Supersprint headers and then I came along with the Evosport headers. They told me that the Evosport seemed to give better gains. They didn't give me a number, just their general observation that Evosport were somewhat higher.
Thats because you have the evosport pullies, it showed more gains than usuall ;)

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
can you confirm that the headers are the source of the midrange discrepancy with pre header dyno's? I would have thought there would be minimal difference.
Also Kelleners switched to Evo from SS? According to RussRamz here on this board the switch was due to better gains? Maybe it was the cost or more raw sound?

BTW I have Evo headers as my sig says. I love them but I too would have liked to experience both on my car to know what the other side is like.
I was digging around and unfortunately zzyzx only has a pre-header
dyno at SP Engineering. My pre-header dynos are from RPi. What
I do know is that his midrange is shockingly better than mine.
Generally you see a dip/flattening of the hp/tq curve at around 3k
rpm. His numbers don't show this. It's consistent all the way up.
From that dip he's a good 20hp more than me through the entire midrange.
Now it's possible that it's just his car. But that much of a difference
seems too significant to me. We basically have the same setup except
he has an h-pipe and the SS headers.

Unfortunately for this type of mod it's expensive and difficult to
do back to back testing of SS vs Evosport.

·
Registered
991 Posts
The SS headers run about 7k while the EVOs run about 4.5k. I just can't justify spending the extra 2.5k if the power is not too much different until I see some dyno sheets. I don't doubt what people are saying on the board, but for me I need something tangible to see before settling on SS.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
The SS headers run about 7k while the EVOs run about 4.5k. I just can't justify spending the extra 2.5k if the power is not too much different until I see some dyno sheets. I don't doubt what people are saying on the board, but for me I need something tangible to see before settling on SS.
The SS header price is out of control. I wouldn't suggest buying these
new over Evosport. But if you have a chance to buy a set used then
perhaps it's probably worth it. Hp/$, Evosport is better. Money
is no object, Supersprint is the way to go.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts