BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello everyone, i feel extremely civilized with my silent stock exhaust on my alpina. any ideas to what after market exhaust i can get that will sound better and yet give more power to the car as well?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i love the 335 and the potential it has, but that alpina stole my heart at 1st glance. and its exclusivity made me get it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
hello everyone, i feel extremely civilized with my silent stock exhaust on my alpina. any ideas to what after market exhaust i can get that will sound better and yet give more power to the car as well?
The B3 is basically a PROPERLY Tuned 335i, so I am sure a good 335i high performance exhaust will fit your needs.
Evolution exhaust System for BMW 335i (E90, E91, E92) - Akrapovic
check this one from Akrapovic, I personally like their full titanium products.
but you might need to modified the exhaust tips to match the Alpina rear bumper.
Have Fun :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot! i know alot about bmw performance parts, but i needed an advice from an alpina person to give something to suit an alpina car. ill look into akrapovic. what about software tuning? i am familiar with JB and Vishnu. but what worries me is that once i go with one of them, and incase i ever reset the ecu, i may go back to the original 306 hp of a 335 engine. do you think this is possible??

·
Registered
733 Posts
Any respectable tuning company will tune your ECU, not the 335i one. So in case of a reset it will default to 360 HP.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am looking for an exhaust that will give a high pitch sound rather than the deep rumbling sound. more like an E60 m5 sound or simply close to an M3 with aftermarket exhaust. i looked all over youtube for sound samples, i couldnt find anything that is very attractive. or perhaps laptop speakers degrade the sound alot?

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
hello everyone. i ordered and recieved from vividracing.com the AFE cold air intake dual air filter with scoops, active autowerke down pipes, and eisenmann race exhaust for my alpina b3 biturbo. what should i expect after intalling these items? now the alpina turbo boost is set at 16 psi. stock 335 is about 8.3 psi. ive seen 335 hit 390 hp when turbo boost is about 12 psi. 16 psi on the alpina and just 360hp then there must be something holding the power back. any enlightment is much appreciated. thank you

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
hello everyone. i ordered and recieved from vividracing.com the AFE cold air intake dual air filter with scoops, active autowerke down pipes, and eisenmann race exhaust for my alpina b3 biturbo. what should i expect after intalling these items? now the alpina turbo boost is set at 16 psi. stock 335 is about 8.3 psi. ive seen 335 hit 390 hp when turbo boost is about 12 psi. 16 psi on the alpina and just 360hp then there must be something holding the power back. any enlightment is much appreciated. thank you
SPEED COSTS MONEY...HOW FAST DO YOU WANT GO?? you need to get a decent stainless steel performance exhaust custom made to your requirements...dont know if anybody can do that for you in lebanon... ps i have a friend in belgium who has a shipping company with their own vessel which does trips from belgium to lebanon so you could get it shipped to belgium and drive to uk and get your exhaust done here as theres plenty of people who can do a custom job for your car.....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the advice. i am only looking to get the car to nearly 420 hp rather than the 360 stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts