BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that BMW NA has said nothing officially yet, but has anyone heard whether the two-day driving school at the Spartanburg Performance Center that came with every E39 M5 and Z8 purchase also will accompany the E60 M5? I certainly hope and expect so.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You can count on it.....
That's where I am picking up my M5 (6-speed) when it becomes available...
Now only if they can take some of the computer control out and let me drive the car...

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Yup, everything I have heard says the M5 DE will be back. Of course... I'll be waiting for my M5 DE.. wonder what the M3 one will be like.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Too bad us north of the border don't get the DE included with package. BMW Canada does run some driving courses but I don't think they compare to the De and of we don't use M5's.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Terk said:
Too bad us north of the border don't get the DE included with package. BMW Canada does run some driving courses but I don't think they compare to the De and of we don't use M5's.
Can we not go South of the border with "proof of purchase" and get onto the course? and what exactly happens at this course??

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
BlackBM said:
Can we not go South of the border with "proof of purchase" and get onto the course? and what exactly happens at this course??
Canadian purchase does not qualify you for the DE at Spartenburg. You can attend any of the schools at the performance centre but have your credit card handy.

·
Registered
175 Posts
MRichmond,
When I took the 2 day M5 DE last year they said that there will be one for the E60 M5 (and I would presume the M6). It will still be two days, but slightly revised so it is a little differerent.
Perhaps if Donnie (M5Board Member and DE Instructor) sees this he can provide further info.

BlackBM,
Do a search as there are several writeups with pictures of the E39 M5 Driving Experience. It is two days with room (Marriott Hotel) and board included - the food is really great. One day is spent at the Driving Center in Spartenburg SC driving the heck out of THEIR M5's, and the second day is spent driving Z4's to Ashville NC to tour the historic Biltmore Estate. My wife really enjoyed the Biltmore Estate.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Anyone that has experienced both M5 and M3 (or other car pickup) that can compare the two? I am picking up an M3 there in two months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts