BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I was wondering - is it true that Citroen LHM fluid is an alternative to the rather exotic Pentosin CHF 7.1 fluid?

I have a leak in the SLS, so I'm running a bit low (keeping an eye on it) and a couple of litres of Pentosin enroute. But LHM is much easier to get a hold of in this country.

<hints id="hah_hints"></hints>I need to keep the level up until I can repair the SLS, so LHM will be easier.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
It is a near match, but the pentosin is so cheap that I wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a near match, but the pentosin is so cheap that I wouldn't bother.
Hi again.
I read the manual (if all else fails... :hihihi:), and it said that LHM was ok.

It's not so much a question of price, as of availability. I've discovered a leak in the SLS, and a low level of Pentosin in the canister. So I was quite hooked on getting it topped up, and given that Pentosin is seriously hard to come by in Denmark (tried quite a few of the "good" places today), LHM is much easier.

I've ordered 2 litres of Pentosin for when I get it fixed, but boy was I glad to get it topped up with the LHM.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
I'd order 5 litres all in once then. Once you need to bleed the system to find out where the problem lies, you can never have enough!

I know to have gone through 7 or 8 cannisters before my SLS delete was fully succesful!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I have the leak more or less nailed. It's either the shock itself, or where the hose enters the shock.
I wiped it down yesterday, and checked it after a short drive. It's still a bit har to say. But I need to get the wheel off to make sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts