BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one whose car feels like it has 250HP when temps are above ~72F? It's starting to get cold here in Cali (<65F) and my car is ripping the pavement apart!

I did some searches on hot weather performance and it seems most owners see this performance hit as normal for our cars. I find that strange because the cars i've driven in the past (00 celica gts, 97 supra TT, various hondas) do not behave differently in hot weather. I'm not exaggerating when I say my car feels like it's gained ~150HP in colder weather.

Could there be something wrong with my car if it feels significantly slower in hot weather? And yes I know the difference between ~72F and ~65F should not be significant but for some reason my car totally transforms when it gets under that temperature threshold. (I'm positive it's not in my head!)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
IATS

You need the IATS kit from UFmotorsports... :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i actually had that installed a few weeks ago and although it helped a bit, the car still feels WAY faster in colder weather

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
The air is denser in the cold weather... wonder if people notice a difference with an aftermarket CAI?

My car is a dragon in the cold weather... IATS helped me quiet a bit actually...

A

i actually had that installed a few weeks ago and although it helped a bit, the car still feels WAY faster in colder weather

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts