BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had the code 18 on the peake reader come up every time i run the peake reader Ive replaced the coil for cyl 3 and i still get the code

Any Ideas ?????

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
mfizzle, not asking this as an insult of any sort. But is the 18 the first thing that comes up (table reference)?
Any other codes come up?
Matt

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
18 is the first code.... does that mean table 18 oh crap well threw out 100 bucks for coil and 40 bucks labor damn no wonder the bmw computer didnt get any codes besides the race cats....

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
Yes, 18 is the table code. You won't get an 18, UNLESS there are other codes. If your car is "clean," it will just return you to your choices (FC, I believe).

Reactions: mfizzlenyc

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well race cats so im not clean :1zhelp:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
mfizzle, could have been worse. $100 doesnt seem bad...
Guy I used to work with got a check engine light on his truck, rented a scanner, read a plug issue, changed plugs, check engine light was still there, he said screw it and took it to dealer. The read the code, changed the plugs, charged some godawful amount of $...
As its at the dealer he realized he forgot to clear the code!
He was so mad at himself. hehe

But yes, the 18 is the table reference. If you hooked it up to an M3 you would get a 1b as your first code, thats the table for the M3, for example..
Matt

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
You're lucky! It could have been much much worse...haha only one code...so lucky...
.had to get a tissue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts