BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my handy-dandy little Peake Fault Code reader today. Plugged it in and came up with the following faults:

18 - "Ignition Coil, Cyl #4"
0d - "Oxygen Sensor, #1"

Does anyone have any more information on these 2 faults? I'm not really sure if they are critical enough to warrant a trip to the dealer or if these are codes I can live with and have them looked at the next time I'm in for service.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I seem to remember at least two times I've received the O2 sensor code, and both times my shop has told me that it only warranted replacing the sensors the next time I was in the shop, I was good to roll for now. I also don't remember the sensor's being expensive, so good luck. Perhaps our more astute members know more, they always seem to! :p

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
If its the O2 sensor doesn't BMW warranty it till 80,000miles?
Cheaper to change that then have them change the cat out(same warranty 80,000m)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've never heard of that, I didn't think BMW warranted anything past the yearly or mileage limit. I haven't had my car back at the dealership since the warranty ran out!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Maybe its just in Calif.
I know mine was changed out at 37,000 at no charge, also both O2 sensors.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hi Guys:

I'm pretty sure the 80K Miles is the US Emissions warranty and applicable to any car sold in the US. This would cover cats, pipes, O2 sensors etc.

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts