BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ran the peake tool with my ignition in position 2, which i believe is the correct position? Get the following codes for table 1b:

code 90 - Fuel control, Cyl #1-3
code 0c - PreCat 02 sensor, Cyl # 4-6
code 91 - Fuel control, Cyl #4-6

??????

Should i worry about these, assistance knowledge transfer welcomed.

Thanks,
Kamlesh

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took it for a run, checked the codes (no new ones), reset the codes after, lets see when come back.

·
Registered
879 Posts
"Fuel Control" means that the engine is running rich or lean beyond the O2 sensor's ability to correct. To know for sure which scenario you're in you'd need to check the fuel adaptation values (not available with the Peake tool).

It looks like you may have an O2 sensor issue as well, but more often than not an O2 sensor code isn't a fault with the sensor but rather an upstream issue. Of course if you like buying parts then by all means throw some new sensors at it.

Typically when you get fuel control codes on both banks it means that there is some upstream "general" issue rather than a problem with a particular cylinder / injector. Common issues are (in no particular order):

1) bad MAF (or MAFs)
2) Unmetered air leak (any air intake after the MAFs, vacuum leak, cracked boot, etc).
3) Crankcase ventilation issue (sucking oil into the intake)
4) Fuel pressure
5) Bad sensor (coolant temp, CMP, CKP, etc -- although these will typically throw their own codes).

I would start by looking for an air leak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts