BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was doing my routine peake code check today and I was greeted with two peak codes: Table 1b dA and 0d, which are DA - “PreCat oxygen sensor signal size/amplitude, Cyl #1-4” and “PreCat oxygen sensor, Cyl #1-4”, respectively. All of my searches have not given me much info into these other than replace the 02 sensors, but my pre cat 02 sensors were replaced 9 months ago. Maybe they are already fouled? I've been having "lean" issues with my tune so maybe that fouled them early?

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

David

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Hey Dave - I'd start by swapping the O2s to the other bank and see if the code follows. Cheap and easy :)

A new O2 is ~$60 from Amazon, if you need to go that route.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As an aside, did you fix / find the problem with your Bank 1 VANOS?

I haven't fixed it yet....been pretty busy lately. I have the new o-rings so it's just a matter of finding time when one of my friend's with soldering skills is available to help me do this in case any of the wire connections are faulty.

Just a thought, maybe my known problem with my Bank 1 vanos is somehow triggering these Bank 1 02 sensor codes?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Dave - I'd start by swapping the O2s to the other bank and see if the code follows. Cheap and easy :)

A new O2 is ~$60 from Amazon, if you need to go that route.

I'll give this a try... I just find it weird that my brand new 02 sensor could have already stopped working.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Those codes indicate more of an electrical/wiring problem with the sensors, not a fouling issue. I agree with the suggestion to get underneath to check the wiring and connectors and if you find nothing, swap the O2 sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts