BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a couple searches and read the manual. It sounds like the "Auto PDC" is turned on everytime you put the car into reverse. Is there anyway to disable the Auto setting and only use it in Manual mode?

Cheers,
Rob "Newbie" cherrsagai

·
Registered
559 Posts
Seriously bro i dont think theres anyway to disable it, this is a factory setting for safety precautions. But you can always off the PDC once it gets on, thats why they've made the button so you can off it manually, but gets on automatically.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
definitely no.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Wouldnt that also disable the reverse lights?
Depends on how it is wired. If it is a series connection from shifter to PDC to lights, then yes. If it is a parallel connector where they each have their own connection then no. Could also be an IBus connection to the PDC control - in which case removing it should also solve the issue.

Doug

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was hoping it was something like stand on one leg, hold your breath while pushing PDC for 10 secs hop in a circle then push PDC again to disable it.

But if I have to get into the wires and disconnect things I think I will skip it and just turn it off when I use it!

LOL

·
Registered
571 Posts
Don't shift into reverse! ouich Sorry, just felt like posting something stupid. When we bought the M, we really thought pdc's were usless...we all know how to drive don't we? After getting used to them, they are just another part of the car. I hear the beeps and it doesn't bother me anymore. However, it can actually save you if there's an object behind you that you can't/don't see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts