BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I park in a self-park garage. I have an assigned spot, and park next to one of our company cars (if someone is going to nick me in the garage, I want to know who it is). It is a two car stall, and pretty tight. Often when I park and get very close to (but never touch) the company car, my PDC sets off the alarm of the company car. At least, I think it's the PDC (it could be the exhaust rumble, but obviously I am at barely above idle, and I doubt the exhaust would set off the next car's alarm).

I found it humourous at first, but now it is getting annoying. Anyone experience this, or able to confirm it is the PDC? If it is the PDC, is there any way to shut it off during this parking situation?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Ken,

I too park in a garage, but I don't have the PDC. From time to time, I set off the alarm of some cars in the garage as I slowly drive past them. It doesn't happen often, but I have done it. I would guess it is the low rumble of our quad exhaust system!

ALX

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
I doubt it is the PDC, which is ultra-sonic. More likely, it is the vibration set up by our wonderful 5 liter engines - which can resonate inside a garage.

My old '97 540i's alarm used to go off all the time due to loud cars, nearby slamming doors, etc. Thank goodness the M5 alarm isn't so sensitive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts