BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
* Disclaimer - this is not in any way nor should it be misconstrued as a commercial thread. This thread was created to share the antics taking place in my personal garage on my personal vehicle. There are no build sponsors, there are no official or unofficial relationships with any vendor, business or commercial entity. All mods seen within this thread are done by me personally and are not for sale. *

After replacing nearly everything i could think of on my E60, i am happy to report that it is in tip top shape and running beautifully. With that said, now its time to transform it yet again and have some FUN!

This is project #Patina and as you follow this thread...you will understand why. First, lets recap all the recent changes and updates to the car before we talk about upcoming mods:
  • Custom catless headers - replaced with aluminum straight pipes
  • New clutch
  • New flywheel
  • SMG hydraulic fluid flush & replacement
  • Rear diff fluid flush and replacement
  • RD Sport sway bar
  • New throwout bearing
  • New clutch release bearing
99.99% of the progress and updates will be completed right here in my home garage. First i plan to mod my E60 then up next is my daily driver E36 ///M3 Sedan (manual)

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i also ordered a fresh set of LCI taillights. i am going in a completely new direction and wanted to start with a clean slate. i got these bad boys on ebay for $300 shipped a couple weeks back....what a killer deal! ill have to crack open the old tails and paint the green black and give them to a friend perhaps...

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
When did you strip off the green wrap?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Why did I first think it's a Mustang on the left? lol
You're not the only one, lol. It's the hood bulge, in that light it looks like the hood scoop on a mustang, and the shadows make the headlights almost look like Mustang headlights as well.

And Sub'd, I'm interested to see all this work done.

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When did you strip off the green wrap?

i took off the green wrap last september/october. it was a temporary set-up anyway i wanted to hit a few car shows and really stand out....but then the car broke down again lol

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this was my old wheel set up...

21x10.5
21x11.5
non-aggressive offsets

this was the original finish

then i wrapped them gloss black and statin black...

but i sold that set to a buddy so i could go a different route. i wanted to go with an old school mesh design and some deep stepped lips....

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
but i didnt want to do the old school style without remixing it a bit.....so Patina was born. i decided to have the centers dipped in copper (the first part of the chroming process) then immediately clear coated to flash in that brand new penny copper color. because of this process...no actual patina will develop but i still love the name so thats that haha...

here's the centers from the factory right after copper plating:

·
Registered
13,457 Posts
All I will say is....I hope nothing else breaks or else you will lose interest in the car like last time :hihi:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All I will say is....I hope nothing else breaks or else you will lose interest in the car like last time :hihi:

lol very true.

these updates im dropping in are things that have taken place over the spring/summer. the car has been running perfectly for like 2 months now....but i still havent driven it.....i think the last time i drove it was like 8 weeks ago.

·
Registered
13,457 Posts
lol very true.

these updates im dropping in are things that have taken place over the spring/summer. the car has been running perfectly for like 2 months now....but i still havent driven it.....i think the last time i drove it was like 8 weeks ago.
I guess 2 months without anything breaking is a lifetime in the E60 world HAHA!!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Details on the wheels...

Niche Road Wheels that started off as a 2 piece design. I worked closely with them to develop a new engineering profile set up for the BMW E60 M5. With the new design it is now a 3-Piece design with aggressive offsets. the custom set up allows for a nearly 100% flat face complimented by the deepest lips possible. in addition, i wanted that true old school feel with the mesh face accompanied by stepped chrome lips.

Niche Citrine - H79

Front
21 x 10 et0
with 3.5 inch outer stepped lip

Rear
21 x 12 et12
with 4.5 inch outer stepped lip

Finish
Light brushed copper face
Chrome stepped lips

1 - 20 of 185 Posts