BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an issue with my passenger side mirror. after putting the car in reverse and the mirror tilts into "curb mode" it doesnt go back to the exact setting that I have set. it moves back "close" the setting but not exact - its always off enough for me to notice.

all I have to do to fix it is reach down and hit the memo 1 button on the side of the seat - so obviously it remembers the setting - its just not going back to it after shifting into drive

any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I have this same problem and I agree that it is very annoying.

·
Registered
240 Posts
+ 2 very annoying i find myself always having to adjust it! I guess i would rather that than having no mirror at all seeing as someone broke my mirror off the other day.:grrrrr:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Same here. Thought I was going nuts at first, then thought someone was playing with my mirrors when I parked at work. Nice to know I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
+1 to all above, I'm in the exact same boat. So far, there are no '06's just '07 and '08 models. I agree though, it's very annoying!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Notice the mirror moves down way too far when you put it in reverse? It's not even useful - Why use it!

There's a button that you can slide left and right for the mirrors.

When set in the left position the mirror wont move
When set in the right position the mirror will move to "curb view"

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm having an issue with my passenger side mirror. after putting the car in reverse and the mirror tilts into "curb mode" it doesnt go back to the exact setting that I have set. it moves back "close" the setting but not exact - its always off enough for me to notice.
I had this problem, too--it would get progressively worse each time I used reverse. For a long time I would use the seat memory recall function every day or two to bring it back into alignment.

About a month ago I had my dealer install software v28.02. Since then the problem is much better and I haven't had to adjust it at all.

-Jeff

·
Registered
294 Posts
you need to set the memory for both mirrors, meaning you need to set it with the switch to the right, then set it again with it in hte left position.

that should solve

·
Registered
164 Posts
When set in the left position the mirror wont move
When set in the right position the mirror will move to "curb view"
Hmmm...you sure? On my 06 it's the other way around. I remember this because I thought to myself...It's assbackwards when I tried it.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Hmmm...you sure? On my 06 it's the other way around. I remember this because I thought to myself...It's assbackwards when I tried it.
Pretty sure? I haven't been in my car for a few weeks so maybe I have it backwards. I'm almost sure that left pos keeps the mirror from adjusting. Maybe it's the right - but either way.. its one of those.. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I've noticed this recently, too. Adjusts to the correct position (slightly more outward) if I hit the seat memory button. Just a little off, and not worsening. AFAIK, this never used to happen. Possibly occurred after I got v27.x software.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The mirrors on my M quit moving after shifting into reverse, after upgrading to one of the recent software versions, which was fine with me as the auto movement was a PIA.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Pretty sure? I haven't been in my car for a few weeks so maybe I have it backwards. I'm almost sure that left pos keeps the mirror from adjusting. Maybe it's the right - but either way.. its one of those.. :dunno:

mine is left moves down, right stays...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
+1 here.... I smell a recall

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
The mirrors on my M quit moving after shifting into reverse, after upgrading to one of the recent software versions, which was fine with me as the auto movement was a PIA.
The l/r mirror switch has to be moved to the driver side mirror spot for the right side mirror to tilt down in reverse. If it is any other position, the right side mirror won't tilt down.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The l/r mirror switch has to be moved to the driver side mirror spot for the right side mirror to tilt down in reverse. If it is any other position, the right side mirror won't tilt down.
Interesting. What software version is your car running?

With older software on mine, the left mirror would move when the switch was set to left, right mirror when switch set to right. One or two software updates ago, the mirrors stopped moving regardless of switch position, which is great by me.

If I can't back up my car without outside mirror assistance, time to find an assisted living facility. :3:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Interesting. What software version is your car running?

With older software on mine, the left mirror would move when the switch was set to left, right mirror when switch set to right. One or two software updates ago, the mirrors stopped moving regardless of switch position, which is great by me.

If I can't back up my car without outside mirror assistance, time to find an assisted living facility. :3:
I'm running 27.x (and started at around 12-14 +/-, if i recall). I believe that the mirror switch always has had to be put in the drivers position for the right mirror to tilt, regardless of software version, and also on any previous BMW that I've owned. I've never heard of the drivers side mirror tilting.

Currently, I think yours somehow has become disconnected. Mine still tilts, just doesn't go completely back to its baseline position.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I'm running 27.x (and started at around 12-14 +/-, if i recall). I believe that the mirror switch always has had to be put in the drivers position for the right mirror to tilt, regardless of software version, and also on any previous BMW that I've owned. I've never heard of the drivers side mirror tilting.

Currently, I think yours somehow has become disconnected. Mine still tilts, just doesn't go completely back to its baseline position.
I just tried mine, neither turn down when trans put into reverse, although they used to. Both mirrors work perfectly when manually moved via door switch.

My car is either running 30.X or 27.X, S.A. has told me both at different times.

If something is disconnected, I'm leaving it alone as I prefer the mirrors to not move on their own.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts