BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess "passed" is open to translation...

Saw Mmm-Five on the M40 today, before he obliterated my commuter hack (520i) and vanished into the sunset...

Tony - good to see you. Thanks for the friendly wave, and the chance to at least draw level before teaching my 520i a lesson... hope you had a good journey home...

Is it my imagination, or are you always at the back of a queue in lane three?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Got back home about an hour ago, traffic wasn't bad except for an accident on the M6.

When I saw the e34 shape behind me for some reason I thought it might be a board member (don't know why), so I kept looking and then there was the flash of lights, so you either wanted to get past into the boot of the Merc in front of me, or you wanted to tell me something.

Either way I pulled into the middle lane and waited ages ;) for you to crawl up level and then I realised who it was and why the flash - so I booted it :haha2:

Don't usually see anyone from the board on my travels, but I suppose with so few of these cars left it's not like they're common.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Not at MacDonalds he ain't!!!!

:cheers:

Steve
I think he meant 'you' as in 'one' - thus "how come ONE is always at the back of a queue"

Anyway I don't queue at McD's - I order ahead and have it waiting for me, charged to the account of course :hihi:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kept looking and then there was the flash of lights, so you either wanted to get past into the boot of the Merc in front of me, or you wanted to tell me something.

Either way I pulled into the middle lane and waited ages ;) for you to crawl up level and then I realised who it was and why the flash - so I booted it :haha2:

Could have been so much more evenly matched - I was planning on taking the M5 to work this morning (birthday, mine, not the car!) but it was raining and I was late - 520i looked like the sensible (easy) option - no time to move missus car to get mine out of the garage. What a wasted opportunity for a little fun on the way home...

BTW It was not me 'crawling' past, thats what a 520i does trying to accelerate at 70mph in 5th, even on WOT!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think he meant 'you' as in 'one' - thus "how come ONE is always at the back of a queue"
No, really I meant you... no matter how much the traffic opened up, you always seemd to be the 'last' in a queue. Not that I saw you for too long...

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
No, really I meant you... no matter how much the traffic opened up, you always seemd to be the 'last' in a queue. Not that I saw you for too long...
Ah right!

I would have been first in the queue, but people kept getting in the way :M5launch:

·
Registered
314 Posts
ok ok ok I have heard enough it is fine outside and hearing you two on about driving has made me want to get her out of the garage. So i am now turning off the computer and going to the garage to warm her up before going for a blast. As it will be snowing this weekend there is little chance of her seeing the daylight then. Dont know where I am going to go but driving I will be. bye
andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts