BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where I can order the mounting bracket for the trans fluid and the oil canister mine broke off. I also need the factory battery and would like to keep it the factory one.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
Can someone tell me where I can order the mounting bracket for the trans fluid and the oil canister mine broke off. I also need the factory battery and would like to keep it the factory one.

You don't need a whole new bracket. Just need to replace the little rubber mounts. Best to replace the ones for the oil filter housing too. But don't buy new BMW ones, they are way overpriced. You'd be looking at almost $70 for those! Hit up McMaster-Carr's website. They are dirt cheat at under $2 each. You'll want part number 9217K35 for the oil filter mounts, and part number 9217K34 for the power steering fluid canister.

As for the battery, just pop in to your local BMW dealer parts department and they'll sell you a new one. You'll be looking at min $200, maybe more depending on region and that.

Sent from Germany with Love.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't need a whole new bracket. Just need to replace the little rubber mounts. Best to replace the ones for the oil filter housing too. But don't buy new BMW ones, they are way overpriced. You'd be looking at almost $70 for those! Hit up McMaster-Carr's website. They are dirt cheat at under $2 each. You'll want part number 9217K35 for the oil filter mounts, and part number 9217K34 for the power steering fluid canister.

As for the battery, just pop in to your local BMW dealer parts department and they'll sell you a new one. You'll be looking at min $200, maybe more depending on region and that.

Thank you. My dealer wants $485 for the battery so I'm hoping to find it elsewhere I can deal with $200 but what they want is out of line

·
Registered
181 Posts
Is that for the standard battery or AGM? If your looking for AGM, then that's going to be the price they'll charge around, which is nuts. I replaced my M's unknown brand battery with an Autocraft AGM battery from Advance Auto online. Normally $200, but got a discount using my email. That dropped it to $150 or around $172 with the core charge, which was refunded after I brought the old one in. So if OEM is too much, then that would be a great alternative.

·
Registered
359 Posts
The OEM battery is way overpriced and it is not likely that you'll find anything in the $200 range. There are plenty of good aftermarket alternatives.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The OEM battery is way overpriced and it is not likely that you'll find anything in the $200 range. There are plenty of good aftermarket alternatives.
I recently replaced my battery with an Advance Auto "Gold", 950 CCA. It fits perfectly, and using an online coupon it came to about $135.00. I have used this exact same battery in several other of my cars, have had no issues whatsoever. No need to spend BMW prices.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I recently replaced my battery with an Advance Auto "Gold", 950 CCA. It fits perfectly, and using an online coupon it came to about $135.00. I have used this exact same battery in several other of my cars, have had no issues whatsoever. No need to spend BMW prices.
Yes, I was referring to the OP's requirement that it be OEM and in the $200 range (Comment #3). I would be shocked if anyone sold a new OEM battery at that price. I personally use Interstate batteries and have it in many of the cars I have owned.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well $200 is what my local dealer wanted for a new battery. But that was just for the standard non AGM battery. Like I stated in my post, not all dealers charge ths same.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

So I ordered these parts and went to install them am I missing something or is the bottom but and top but two different sizes. I got the tops off no problem but the bottom will not budge

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I ordered these parts and went to install them am I missing something or is the bottom but and top but two different sizes. I got the tops off no problem but the bottom will not budge

Nevermind I get it now it's been a long day

1 - 10 of 10 Posts