BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
I recommend rod bolts (20), and Vanos line while you are in there. Oil pan gasket as well.

:). Good to see you doing this!

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Ok Dave you need 17qts oil 2x oil filters oil pan gasket, replace all the bolts on the oil pan as they come with loctight, hi pressure vanos line , crush washers for vanos line, 20 rod bolts, 10 upper bearings shells 10 lower bearing shells,2x gaskets for the oil pumps on the side of the valve cover, gasket for oil level sensor, oil pump sprocket nut, get the chain tensioner for oil pump 3 pieces, i would also recommenced replacing the power steering hose that runs along side the oil pan and block as i seen many weeping \ starting to leak and to do it the sub frame has to come down, and if your interested pm me and i can do this job for you as i just did tony

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Also recommend a 10mm ratcheting box wrench for the oil pan bolts above the lateral oil pumps. This will save you immense amounts of time in removal. It's a tight area and loosening them 1 flat at a time with an open end wrench sucks.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Probably planning to flush out the system after a few thousand miles???

T

·
0 Posts
Also recommend a 10mm ratcheting box wrench for the oil pan bolts above the lateral oil pumps. This will save you immense amounts of time in removal. It's a tight area and loosening them 1 flat at a time with an open end wrench sucks.

Your bi-monthly visit is due tomorrow. Remember she said two weekends a month? Haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts