BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find the parts list for a single mass flywheel on the S38B36

BMW fans keeps showing the flywheel as a twin mass unit , we have 3 E34 M5s in our group and they're all single mass

Flywheel / Twin Mass Flywheel | BMW 5' E34 M5 3.6 S38 Europe

Can someone post the parts list for the single mass unit please

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , I wanted to make sure, the 'triangle' in the diagram behind the flywheel made me question it

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No confidence for machine shop here to do it properly

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks Tunderbolt , I actually have 3 flywheels here , at least 2 are bowed/distorted.

GA25324 - 1.5mm bow
GA25349 - 1mm bow
GA25388 - track car project , this will be getting a lightened flywheel , I don't know the condition yet. Hopefully it's ok.

Once we get this flywheel out I'll make a decision on either machining the best of the 3 flywheels or buying a new or secondhand replacement.

LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL

Taffy's GA25331 has a lightened flywheel and I have to say it's a pig to drive in traffic.

Before the lightened flywheel it would cruise at 60km/h in 4th gear , now it snatches and bucks no matter how smooth you are with the accelerator requiring the selection of 3rd gear now to have some mechanical sympathy for the drivetrain.

Any other comments on lightened flywheels for normal driving rather than racing ?

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts