BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I am parting out a '91 E34 M5 with 135K miles. I have owned this car since 1996 when it had only 33k miles. I am an enthusiast and have babied this car for the last 15 years. I was T-boned by an inattentive senior in the right side, thereby sending me into a curbed median. That impact deployed the air bag and bent all four wheels. The insurance company (Allstate) has offered me $12k and I am negotiating for $14K. Needless to say the car was in great shape. Here is some info:

Alpine white with grey wood trim, 4 seat configuration (storage bin in the back seat)

GREAT interor, 9 out of 10- except for the slightly sagging headliner. Driver's seat shows only minor wear at the bolster.

Paint in my opinion is also nice. no swirl marks, although there are the chips on the front clip commensurate with it's age.

The engine: Mobile 1 since 33K every 5K or so. It has pulled strong since day one. In the last 5k I have replaced the distributor cap, rotor, wires and plugs. Belts, and ratchets. Water pump and clutch in the 60k-80k range. I have a spare water pump, hoses and belts in my spares kit.
Transmission: No synchro issues, but the gear selector seal needs replacing. It leaked, so the box has had new fluid during the last 2 years.
Dinan Stage I suspension with SLS delete. I have the Accumulators.
Dinan Chip
Super sprint exhaust as of 2006, 120k miles.

The car was struck on the right side, damaging the right front fender, the right quarter panel and ruining the right front and rear doors, as well as the airbag and all four wheels.

So far, the trunk lining has been sold. I have had other interest in the differential, front door mirror wiring harness, MAF and steering components.

Other than that, everything else is in great shape. As a parts car, we would like to believe that our loss would be a gain to others who want to keep their wonderful cars on the road.

Let me know what you need at [email protected] or call me at 440-554-3545. Email would be best, as for the written record.

Thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let me add some pictures

Let me add pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Sorry to read your bad news, such a shame :-(

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sorry about the wreck, but I am glad that you are OK.

I need your rear package tray, fuel pressure regulator and your shift surround. PM me with a price.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Breaks my heart to see this beauty in such a condition...especially since it's alpine white...I hope the insurance can give you your asking price. Maybe there are high priced ads around for similar mileage e34 M5s that you can show the insurance and convince them it's worth that top dollar. Best of luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all,

I am parting out a '91 E34 M5 with 135K miles. I have owned this car since 1996 when it had only 33k miles. I am an enthusiast and have babied this car for the last 15 years. I was T-boned by an inattentive senior in the right side, thereby sending me into a curbed median. That impact deployed the air bag and bent all four wheels. The insurance company (Allstate) has offered me $12k and I am negotiating for $14K. Needless to say the car was in great shape. Here is some info:

Alpine white with grey wood trim, 4 seat configuration (storage bin in the back seat)

GREAT interor, 9 out of 10- except for the slightly sagging headliner. Driver's seat shows only minor wear at the bolster.

Paint in my opinion is also nice. no swirl marks, although there are the chips on the front clip commensurate with it's age.

The engine: Mobile 1 since 33K every 5K or so. It has pulled strong since day one. In the last 5k I have replaced the distributor cap, rotor, wires and plugs. Belts, and ratchets. Water pump and clutch in the 60k-80k range. I have a spare water pump, hoses and belts in my spares kit.
Transmission: No synchro issues, but the gear selector seal needs replacing. It leaked, so the box has had new fluid during the last 2 years.
Dinan Stage I suspension with SLS delete. I have the Accumulators.
Dinan Chip
Super sprint exhaust as of 2006, 120k miles.

The car was struck on the right side, damaging the right front fender, the right quarter panel and ruining the right front and rear doors, as well as the airbag and all four wheels.

So far, the trunk lining has been sold. I have had other interest in the differential, front door mirror wiring harness, MAF and steering components.

Other than that, everything else is in great shape. As a parts car, we would like to believe that our loss would be a gain to others who want to keep their wonderful cars on the road.

Let me know what you need at [email protected] or call me at 440-554-3545. Email would be best, as for the written record.

Thanks,

Ken
Very Sorry to hear about your loss. Its very gracious to allow others to continue to stay on the road at the expense of parting out your own. Are the dash center air vent (passenger facing), trunk cargo net and forward under engine tray available?

·
10,458 Posts
i'm very interested in the door pannels. All 4 assuming they're in good shape. Also would like the shift knob if it's the Original with the M colors in the upper left corner
thanks!

·
Registered
388 Posts
What a real shame. Even more annoying as the rear has the 2 seat occupancy which is rare.

·
Registered
30 Posts
HI, sorry for your loss. I'm interested in your wood trim and/or passenger front drivers door card, possibly rear storage compartment, (mine is damaged) and the m5 emblems if they are in good condition, plus drivers side felt/weatherstripping, possibly the rearview mirror and airbox for intake.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello all,

I sold the whole car, so no parts are available.

Just so you know what your cars are worth, Allstate gave me $10,8xx and let me keep the car. I sold the wreck for $5000.

Not bad, but nothing can replace that car...

Ken

1 - 13 of 13 Posts