BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I'm getting started on doing an S85 swap into my 2010 E61 so I'll end up with a lot of M5 sedan bits that I won't need. I'm keeping everything for the drivetrain (Subframes, brakes, wheels, diff, trans, engine + harnesses, some modules, side mirrors, fenders, front bumper, etc) but will be selling things like the interior, audio (CCC), seats, and so on. Reasonable offers will be entertained, ask for anything you might be interested in. Shipping will be from Louisville, KY 40205 and will just pass thru shipping costs. Would prefer local pickup for big things like seats and headliner. For options list, VIN is WBSNB93528CX08491

Black sapphire Metallic, Black leather

For starters, here are things available. Ask if you want something not on the list:
Complete set of F + (folding, non-heated) R seats - Active front seats will include control modules
headliner (anthracite, not Alcantara) will include A, B, C pillar trim + sunroof liner
Rear auto sunshade will include rear deck lid
CCC
IHKA
Full LCI alu trim, including door panel pcs
door panels (does not have rear blinds)
Gloss shadowline trim
LCI bi-Xenon adaptive headlights and taillights - headlights will come from my 2010 E61 that were just restored including new rubber gaskets. Includes bulbs, ballasts, etc
rear bumper, with PDC

Will begin taking photos, so if you're interested in something just ask and I'll take photos sooner. Will be posting to this Google Photos location.

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello, is this vehicle the extended merino leather option? I'm looking for the rear door panels

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, is this vehicle the extended merino leather option? I'm looking for the rear door panels
Hi,
I don't believe it is extended. Dash is not leather, nor is the center console. Not sure what the difference between the normal and extended rear door panels. I'll snap some pics of them tonight so you can see them.

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
I don't believe it is extended. Dash is not leather, nor is the center console. Not sure what the difference between the normal and extended rear door panels. I'll snap some pics of them tonight so you can see them.

Thanks,
Andy
@T304 Pics posted. Let me know if you want more pics - I'm tight on space in the garage so I can't open the right rear door and couldn't get a good pic.

The upper and lower sections or the rear door panels look to be vinyl so probably not what you're looking for. Sorry

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much for both headlights? Trying to upgrade from Pre Lci to Lci
Hi,

You're 2nd in line but I'd like $950 for both.

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, ABS pump stays with me as part of the driveline swap.
Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How much for both headlights? Trying to upgrade from Pre Lci to Lci
@Havoc549 If you're still interested, the first person passed so they're still available. Also, I have the taillights which are in great shape if you're looking to do a full pre- to LCI swap. If so I'll do a discounted price for all 4. Pics are in the Google Photos link in the OP.

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey all,
I'm getting started on doing an S85 swap into my 2010 E61 so I'll end up with a lot of M5 sedan bits that I won't need. I'm keeping everything for the drivetrain (Subframes, brakes, wheels, diff, trans, engine + harnesses, some modules, side mirrors, fenders, front bumper, etc) but will be selling things like the interior, audio (CCC), seats, and so on. Reasonable offers will be entertained, ask for anything you might be interested in. Shipping will be from Louisville, KY 40205 and will just pass thru shipping costs. Would prefer local pickup for big things like seats and headliner. For options list, VIN is WBSNB93528CX08491

Black sapphire Metallic, Black leather

For starters, here are things available. Ask if you want something not on the list:
Complete set of F + (folding, non-heated) R seats - Active front seats will include control modules
headliner (anthracite, not Alcantara) will include A, B, C pillar trim + sunroof liner
Rear auto sunshade will include rear deck lid
CCC
IHKA
Full LCI alu trim, including door panel pcs
door panels (does not have rear blinds)
Gloss shadowline trim
LCI bi-Xenon adaptive headlights and taillights - headlights will come from my 2010 E61 that were just restored including new rubber gaskets. Includes bulbs, ballasts, etc
rear bumper, with PDC

Will begin taking photos, so if you're interested in something just ask and I'll take photos sooner. Will be posting to this Google Photos location.

Cheers,

Andy
Did you finish the conversion or you still working on it I’m doin the same thing on my e61

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How is the shadow line trim? Any fading or nicks at all? Thanks!
It's in good shape. No fading and I believe no nicks, but let me inspect again (and take pics). My fiancé had a medical emergency last night so give me a day to get things sorted on the home front.
Thanks,
Andy

Reactions: Pjvaughan21

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you finish the conversion or you still working on it I’m doin the same thing on my e61
I saw that, good on ya!
I haven't started it, I need to get a bigger garage first. The donor popped up before I planned on buying but a 76k mi 6MT is not something I wanted to pass on.
I'm interested in your progress.
I did an 2WD swap on my 07 530 E61 years ago and documented much of it on the 5 series dot net forum if you are interested and would like a rough guide (DM if you want me to send you the link). Aside from the obvious engine differences it should be pretty straightforward given the euro wagon S85 availability - all parts should bolt up. So far it seems like the CAS and DME need coded together for DWA to work but there are companies that do that.
Great to see you go for it!

Andy

·
Registered
8 Posts
I saw that, good on ya!
I haven't started it, I need to get a bigger garage first. The donor popped up before I planned on buying but a 76k mi 6MT is not something I wanted to pass on.
I did an 2WD swap on my 07 530 E61 years ago and documented much of it on the 5 series dot net forum if you are interested and would like a rough guide (DM if you want me to send you the link). Aside from the obvious engine differences it should be pretty straightforward given the euro wagon S85 availability - all parts should bolt up. So far it seems like the CAS and DME need coded together for DWA to work but there are companies that do that.

Andy
Would you consider parting out the stock exhaust tips? Looking to do a muffler delete.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saw that, good on ya!

Andy
I saw that, good on ya!

Andy
I’m new to this idk how to pm lol send me the link I would like to see what u did I’m getting started with mine next week I’m trying to have it done same week

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hopefully this link works, I don't have enough posts to pm yet.

Biggest suggestion is to have a plan as complete as possible. But also you've hopefully spent a lot of time looking up wiring diagrams, torque specs, etc.

Good luck, keep the posts updated!

Andy

·
Registered
8 Posts

Biggest suggestion is to have a plan as complete as possible. But also you've hopefully spent a lot of time looking up wiring diagrams, torque specs, etc.

Andy
Let me know brother. Can’t PM yet, but email me at DJH3889 at gmail. Will Venmo/PayPal you for the exhaust tips immediately. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Would you consider parting out the stock exhaust tips? Looking to do a muffler delete.
,maybe - do you just mean cut flush from muffler face back? Ie, 8-10 inches of tube?

Andy

·
Registered
24 Posts

Andy
I see u had to make a transmission bracket u couldn’t get the original rwd bracket

1 - 20 of 55 Posts