BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This morning during the Quote Rallye) - a copycat version of the Gumball Rallye - a passenger in a Ferrari 360CS died. Initial reports indicate the car veered off the road into 2 trees.

·
Registered
119 Posts
kees said:
This morning during the Quote Rallye) - a copycat version of the Gumball Rallye - a passenger in a Ferrari 360CS died. Initial reports indicate the car veered off the road into 2 trees.
I'm sorry to hear this, yet i've been expecting this, i don't want to be rude, but i saw an documantary on BNN about the Quote Challange, and i was shocked, a man has got to have more brains in his head! Most of the drivers in this rally are lunatics, the documantary showed the 2003 rally (i think), and on that rally there were several accidents, one accident was severe, two guys in a Ferrari 360 spyder, they were lucky to survive the accident.

For those who speak Dutch and want to see the documantary, go to
http://bnn.nl/view/542/1022/1228
select "archief" on the right and then click "Klik hier om de afleveringen in het archief te bekijken!" Then choose "Aflevering patsers"

Again, i regret this loss, i am not meaning to be harsh or rude, but i am shocked that the thing i feared has become reality.

·
Registered
225 Posts
In Bulgaria a 360 Stradale had a technical problem (front axle/suspension broke) and lost control over the car, hit the barrier and went over a couple of times.

The co-driver died on the spot and the driver is badly injured

According to police officers the car drove 130 km/h when the accident happened.

The quote challenge will continue, but at a slow pace.

I think it's terrible this happened

I think this could change the scene, because a lot of people saw it coming.

My thoughts are with the family and friends of the 2 italian drivers. Hopefully the driver will survive.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Tjitse said:
I'm sorry to hear this, yet i've been expecting this, i don't want to be rude, but i saw an documantary on BNN about the Quote Challange, and i was shocked, a man has got to have more brains in his head! Most of the drivers in this rally are lunatics, the documantary showed the 2003 rally (i think), and on that rally there were several accidents, one accident was severe, two guys in a Ferrari 360 spyder, they were lucky to survive the accident.

For those who speak Dutch and want to see the documantary, go to
http://bnn.nl/view/542/1022/1228
select "archief" on the right and then click "Klik hier om de afleveringen in het archief te bekijken!" Then choose "Aflevering patsers"

Again, i regret this loss, i am not meaning to be harsh or rude, but i am shocked that the thing i feared has become reality.
Yep there were 2 guys in an Aston Martin losing control in Morocco at 200+ km/h, but after 2 days in the hospital they were released with only a broken arm or something.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm not being funny, but this has absolutely nothing to do with road rallies.. the national speed limit in most countries is very close to 120 kmh or 130kmh.. especially on motorways.. this accident could have happened at any time.. and is just one of those unfortunate things.. mechanical failure.. who knows why!!
in fact i bet it happens all over the world every day, the only reason this made into the toilet paper that passes for journalism these days, is due to the stickers on the car..

May the poor unfortunate's soul rest in peace.

·
Registered
225 Posts
dmc said:
I'm not being funny, but this has absolutely nothing to do with road rallies.. the national speed limit in most countries is very close to 120 kmh or 130kmh.. especially on motorways.. this accident could have happened at any time.. and is just one of those unfortunate things.. mechanical failure.. who knows why!!
in fact i bet it happens all over the world every day, the only reason this made into the toilet paper that passes for journalism these days, is due to the stickers on the car..
Seems they drove more then 200km/h and hit a puthole, seems quote challenge was just covering their *** by saying they were not speeding... :confused3

·
Registered
119 Posts
PurePassion said:
Seems they drove more then 200km/h and hit a puthole, seems quote challenge was just covering their *** by saying they were not speeding... :confused3
Indeed, and what i think is most disgusting about quote, is that after the accident, they just continued the rally
, for goodness sake, show the family/friends some respect!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Tjitse said:
Indeed, and what i think is most disgusting about quote, is that after the accident, they just continued the rally
, for goodness sake, show the family/friends some respect!
Nah it's cancelled, a fiend is mine is on the quote challenge and told me that they continued to istanbul since they were heading there anyway, but the partying was over and they cancelled the rally officialy today. They are driving slowly back to the Netherlands or to the finish point in Monaco whatever the participants prefer.

The fun was over anyway

1 - 10 of 10 Posts