BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to change the brake pads and flush the fluid on my '08 M5. I watched a Youtube video that included removing the cabin air filter cover and the other cover under it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psPzkAgL2vQ So I go to remove the first bolt and can't get it to come loose. I figure someone He-manned it on, so I got my wife to hold the little bottom tab with pliers. No luck, still couldn't get the nut to come loose from the base. So finally I drilled it out.

I did the same with several other plastic nuts on the lower cover, assuming that they, too, had been overly tightened. It wasn't until I got it apart with one nut still intact that I realized that nut assembly was only supposed to turn 90 degrees so that the tab would unlock.

WELL FSCK. <sigh>

Not the end of the world, but now I either need to buy some of those little plastic bolt assembly things, or two new covers. Part numbers would be much appreciated if anyone has them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you do a search on realoem.com you might be able to find the diagram with the part numbers. I do it all the time for all my BMW's. Works like a charm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Clutch Slave Cylinder Flush As Well?

It is probably useful to do DIY on removing the filters and bulk head. I see a lot of people not taking advantage of this, for example when they change their spark plugs and the like. However, I do not see anybody actively manage the DIY section anymore. Is @5soko able to do this?

On another note: Does anybody ever flush their clutch master/slave cylinder set when they flush their brakes? This system drafts from the same fluid reservoir. Even DIS and TIS don't mention this. Bleeding this works the same as on the brakes but of course now you would have to get under the car.

·
2,132 Posts
It is probably useful to do DIY on removing the filters and bulk head. I see a lot of people not taking advantage of this, for example when they change their spark plugs and the like. However, I do not see anybody actively manage the DIY section anymore. Is @5soko able to do this?

On another note: Does anybody ever flush their clutch master/slave cylinder set when they flush their brakes? This system drafts from the same fluid reservoir. Even DIS and TIS don't mention this. Bleeding this works the same as on the brakes but of course now you would have to get under the car.
I will look into the DIY tonight and see whats there, dead links, new DIY etc. def in much need of an update

1 - 7 of 7 Posts