BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I searched in the forums and could not find anyone with a similar problem. The last 2 days when I put my car in reverse the park assist does not show on the Idrive. I can still hear the beeping but nothing on the display. Any ideas?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey guys I searched in the forums and could not find anyone with a similar problem. The last 2 days when I put my car in reverse the park assist does not show on the Idrive. I can still hear the beeping but nothing on the display. Any ideas?
Have you tried switching it on/off in idrive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking the same thing, but I could not find the park assist settings in the Idrive for the life of me. I just assumed that there weren’t any. Where can I find the park assist settings? Thanks guys

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can anyone tell me where to find parking assist in Idrive. I can’t find my problem on YouTube...
Dont know off the top of my head, but i suggest playing with the car for an hour and finding all the different areas you can adjust settings. Navigating iDrive is a little complicated for the first few minutes but once you figure out how to get to certain areas of the settings it becomes easier. Good luck man and enjoy!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I checked on my CCC and its settings > vehicle/tires > scroll to the right until you see PDC > display on/off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank Cuco! You the man. I can’t figure out the Idrive to save my life. Just need to spend more time with it.. thanks everyone else as well

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unfortunately I don’t have the owners manual, although I did have a file for it somewhere. Not sure where it went. Also I searched the forums the best I could for this issue. Knowing that the idrive has its issues I thought it was starting to fail. I thought these forums were here for help. I must be confused.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unfortunately I don’t have the owners manual, although I did have a file for it somewhere. Not sure where it went. Also I searched the forums the best I could for this issue. Knowing that the idrive has its issues I thought it was starting to fail. I thought these forums were here for help. I must be confused.
You should be able to find a pdf of the owners manual somewhere. I don’t have mine either but luckily I haven’t had to use it yet. BMW owners seem to have an extreme need to prove their intellect to others. Don’t worry about it, your question was valid. Just take it in stride. Hope you’re enjoying your e60 ownership experience otherwise. I don’t mess with iDrive too much either so I look up anything I need to do that I can’t find on my own within a few minutes. Luckily you don’t have to touch iDrive at all to turn on the engine and put it in gear. That’s all the entertainment I usually need when driving this thing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My comment was not aimed directly at you, but a general irritation of mine that people (mostly my relatives :D) seem to forget that manufacturers go to a lot of effort to document the how-to for consumer products. Apologies if I came across as being a smart-arse.
I do really recommend however getting a copy of the owner's manual and spending a bit of time playing with the car's settings... you won't break it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No worries at all Rob. And you are right I’ll find the owners manual. I actually have read through most of it but you know how much is in there. But I agree, most everything can be found in there or on the search bar on the top of the forum. But I appreciate all your guys help. Got my parking assist back on the Idrive. I just need to look harder. Thanks again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts